• NAXJA is having its 18th annual March Membership Drive!!!
    Everyone who joins or renews during March will be entered into a drawing!
    More Information - Join/Renew
  • Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

mY $200 Subie beater

bcmaxx

NAXJA Forum User
So I got this thing about 3 years back to winter drive, give the jeep a break. It was a pile, needed a lot of work. quarters repaired,fenders were flapping in the wind door, t belt, crankpulley spun on the key, brakes, struts....list went on...
heres the best before shot, although some work had been done already

I really liked it, how it drove and conquered snowy roads, so the upgrades began:
-2008 forester dual piston full bolt on brake upgrade,
-16" 07 forester sport wheels.
- 2002 full suspension swap, good for 3.5" lift
- 215/65/16 tires
- headllight relay harness , piaa upgrade, front mount hella 500's with piaa upgrade bulbs
-blue gauge lamp mod
-legacy turbo hood and spoiler
-tint
-your usual stereo speaker, sub install
-repaired rear 1/4 panels, replace front fenders, rattle can paint job to original color
-upgrade to wrx waterpump, oil pump
- upgrade to 2006 forester 2.5 unequal length header, custom 2.25 cat back

So this things been great! my next upgrade will be a full wrx turbo setup on the n/a block, until well I can track me down an affordable turbo block.
I'll be running 7psi max with a manual boost controller, water/meth injection.
heres my goody pile:

the wait is killing me!

just waiting on a fuel pressure regulator, manual boost controller, air/fuel ratio meter and wideband o2.

Cool build! Ive had my turbo 4cyl days :) Do yourself a favor and skip the meth injection for e85.
As long as you are as blessed as the springs on availability it work much better.

Forget the Subie, what's the details on the KTM Super Motard?

O and why is the exhaust heat wrapped when ur na? Exhaust manifold/down pipe sure... but wtf man

Forget the Subie, what's the details on the KTM Super Motard?

Its my 05 ktm450 exc with factory street kit. Ive babied it as much as possible in the dirt. Had it insured a few years to ride to work. One eve last summer i played keep up with a buddy on a yamaha 250 smr. I was sold! Found the whole kit from wheels to brakes and discs . My xmas gift to me. Im itching for the weather to change to ride it!

Cool build! Ive had my turbo 4cyl days :) Do yourself a favor and skip the meth injection for e85.
As long as you are as blessed as the springs on availability it work much better.

No e85 here yet. Can get 10 % ethanol fuel just at husky

That's cool, I love super motards. I had a KTM 640 Enduro with a 17" wheel swap that was pretty fun but not as light and rev happy as those 450's.

no subie update, twin girls keeping me very busy, project is stalled. got out for an eve and chased a cbr600 through some twisties and high speed stuff! what fun! Impressed on the abilities of a dirtbike on the pavement!

Yeah, a little 2-300lbs dirt bike is way more toss able than a sport bike. The sport bikes just have the advantage in top speed. I'd say up to 70-80mph they wouldn't be able to touch you. Of course that means for them they just need to get into second gear.

The twins love it and make funny subie sounds in the back seat when I'm on the gas.

lol! your kids too huh
my daughter makes funny cummins and turbo sounds in the back seat of my pickup!
why i'll never sell my truck

20141012_124416_zpsfed5c405.jpg
wellll a couple weeks in the old head gaskets let go. And i found a head with some cracks. Just got a used head for now. 8 hr driveway job with hand tools. All done aem meth kit and ebc installed. She rips!! Picked up the head. A spare 2.2 na. And a complete running turbo 2.2 for $300 bucks. Thinking upgrade pistons. Sti rods. Head stufs and sti turbo next. Good winter job

Back