• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Renix Relay Sockets/Terminals

tempest411

NAXJA Forum User
Last week I had a short circuit that scorched some wiring in my XJ and as part of the repair I sought to try and replace one of the relay sockets in the gang of four on the passenger side fender. They are unavailable from the dealer of course, but as it turns out, they are on off-the-shelf item available from electronics suppliers. They are TE Connectivity pt# VCF4-1002, and the terminals are available in three sizes to fit a range of wire sizes. If you go to www.newark.com and search for the relay pt# above, the page that comes up will have the terminals listed below. Best of all, they're not expensive and that shipping was super fast!

The only thing I had to keep from my old socket was the grey button thing on the back that retains it in the sheet metal bracket. They may be available, but I was able to reuse mine after prying it off the old one with a screwdriver. I'd post pictures, but I don't see how. I don't see the 'Manage Attachments' button typically found below.

Nice work. For pics you need to use an image hosting site (I use IMGUR) the post the "BBCode" link that embeds the
tags.

Back