• NAXJA is having its 18th annual March Membership Drive!!!
    Everyone who joins or renews during March will be entered into a drawing!
    More Information - Join/Renew
  • Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Planet Audio Amplifier Opinion

blaisetd

NAXJA Forum User
Just checking if anyone has an opinion on Planet Audio amps. A buddy got a VX1400D on a pair of Kicker 15's and its pretty loud. I was thinking about getting one of their smaller mono amps and a pair of 10's for the tow rig. Thanks in advance blaise

i used to have 4 15s with a PA 1000w driving each and the only problem i had with em is they draw too much juice and go into protection mode. their mono amps will pound real hard but you need alot of power backing em up if you really wanna crank em. i'd reccomend at least a 2 farad capacitor and 2g wire if you're going anywhere over 800 watts, if you really wanna juice em up run 00 all the way back.

if you want the best bang for your buck tho you cant go wrong with hifonics. they dont heat up, they get really loud without pulling alot of voltage, and they last forever. im running 2 kenwood 06 comp CVR 15s with a hifonics zeus 1100w running both of them, and sitting in my truck with the windows up will hurt ya :D ive had neighbors come from a block and a half down to tell me to turn the music down when we have BBQs at my work lol

hth
-mike

Back