• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

November elections

Cottontail

Three-De Off-Road
NAXJA Member
The 2 year term for the current board of directors will be up on December 31, 2018. As per the NAXJA by-laws, the election for the new BOD will be held in November. Nominations will be made available well in advance.

Due to personal events and having been on the SEC and/or National boards for more than 6 years running, both Tim and I are not planning to run for the SEC BOD in the upcoming election.

We will have 3 positions open - the President, Vice-President, and Treasurer.

As you may have guessed, the biggest responsibility of the BOD is the execution of the annual Cherokee Crawl at Black Mountain each July. Outside of that annual discussions happen regarding the Membership Enhancement money and the donation of the annual Land Use matching funds. The members of the BOD will be responsible for the fiscal health and the membership growth of the chapter.

You may have noticed that in recent months both the Arizona Chapter and the Intercontinental Chapter have both folded due to lack of participation and lack of willing leadership. Having been in this club in some capacity since 2001 (yes, my member number is lower than 150) and knowing the caliber of people in the chapter, I am certain that we aren't in that jeopardy in the Southeast - but that will only continue with strong leadership.

While we are not asking for nominations at this time, we'd like to encourage you to think about who you might like to see running the chapter for the 2019 and 2020 calendar years. We've been discussing some potential successors and will certainly be talking to them back channel to gauge their interest.

I feel I speak for the three of us when I state - if you have an interest but have questions about the duties or concerns about the time commitment, please don't hesitate to reach out to us by phone (if you have or numbers) or by PM here on the board and we can set up a call.

Thanks for trusting us with our little corner of the club and the support you've given us.

Thanks to both of you for your LS! party1:

I’m interested as well.

Back