• NAXJA is having its 18th annual March Membership Drive!!!
    Everyone who joins or renews during March will be entered into a drawing!
    More Information - Join/Renew
  • Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Easter Jeep @ Chinamans

COSP4444

NAXJA Forum User
I've been bored with the lack of trip reports. Maybe this will get people stoked for the 2012 wheeling season now that the snow is starting to melt. Here a few pix from some wheeling trips this year.
Chinamans:
IMG_1967.jpg

IMG_1992.jpg

IMG_1947.jpg

Last edited:
I think you just like to taunt me with my old rig -- 60s under there now? What did you do with the old axle setup? Looks great! :cheers:

8-lug 8.8??

The wheels caught my eye, since I sold it with aluminum toyota LC wheels and 285's, and now it has white wagons and 35's... the lug pattern followed, plus I know that the new owner had some 60's laying around that he was toying with throwing under the WJ before we swapped.

Snapped the long tube on my old ZJ d30 like that but next to the control arm bracket ...sounded like snapped axle shaft I got out and noticed my coil bucket rotated and then realized I had more work to do than replace a shaft...lol

Sorry, for the delayed posting, I've been busy with work.
We think the scramblers axle broke because the added torque/binding of the anti-wrap bar or because the axle was off an old scout and was stressed already. No jumping, bouncing, or anything exciting, just broke on Golden Spike.
My Cherokees axles are not nearly as exciting. I was given some hummer wheels w/ 37s so to attempt to get them to fit I changed out the front Dana 44 to bigger brakes and 8 lug (I know lame). The rear is even lame...er just 6 to 8 lug wheel adapters. Same axles as XJ-Grin (Chris) had on them when I bought the Jeep

aaahhh, so you just changed the outer knuckle/spindle/hub assembly to get 8 lug in front, and used adapters in back -- IIRC it has spacers in back to increase the width on that Isuzu D44 anyways, so I think your solution makes a lot of sense to just replace the spacers with adapters to match the front... looks good, man. wanna trade? :D

BTW, did you add some lift or just bumpstop the crap out of it to get those 37's under there??

Back