• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Old Style Steel Wheels for an XJ?

4xdog

NAXJA Forum User
Anyone know of a "traditional" steel wheel that will fit an XJ?

I'm thinking along the lines of old CJ styles with the solid face, not the styled steel wheels available in the YJ/XJ era, and not the common steel spoke aftermarket wheels.

I think I've seen wheels with the XJ's 5 x 4-1/2 bolt pattern on some modern vehicles, but I need advice about offsets, etc. The experience of anyone who's gone ahead of me on this would be appreciated.

If you are referring to the "solid" style that can hold a hubcap, try looking at Chrysler 5th ave. series cars, and and Ford rangers/cars use the same style wheel, also. If you are looking for a "wagon" wheel, then I recommend the wheels off of a mid-70's Dodge truck. I am using them on my MJ if you want to see how they look. Look for the post of pictures (finally). Those are the Dodge wheels with 33/10.50/15 Boggers on them. They are around 3 1/2" b/s. Hope this helps.

XJs came stock with basic steel wheels in the early early years. Nothing fancy, just some holes and I think some of them may have had a silver/chrome ring that snapped on.

I still have a set laying around somewhere.

Back