• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

August Scedule???

Eagle

Lifetime NAXJA Member
NAXJA Member
Guys, what's happening in August?

Mike has been holding mid-August for the Maine trail ride, which TOZOVR was going to be setting up but I haven't heard anything regarding date. CHW has, I believe, decided to let Andy host the Philadelphia-area BBQ this year and there was a rumor that Andy was talking about holding this in August. Again, I've heard nothing about a date and I see Andy posting that the schedule is filling up. Just wondering who is planning what, and where, during August? July is almost halfway gone, so now's the time to settle some of this so those who wish to attend chapter "happenings" can make plans.

Yep, probably getting too late to set up a Maine run in August - although I'm still up for it. 1 - 3 AUG is the only weekend I'm definitely out (Colorado). If no trip up North, I'm probably headed to the UCP fund-raiser ride in Rausch Creek on 10 AUG.

September is prep for you-know-where and the first half of October is actually at you-know-where.

As far as the BBQ goes - if things get full - how about late October? :D

Mike in NJ :patriot:

just trying to nail down a legal spot...

Maybe Abbot? if we do a late morning/afternoon run on a Sat we can set up camp and BBQ and then just relax....go play on different obstacles...

Mohawk Madness is August 1-3. Group campsite is already reserved on Mt. Greylock in my name. Let's get a good turnout for once.

TOZOVR said:
just trying to nail down a legal spot...

Maybe Abbot? if we do a late morning/afternoon run on a Sat we can set up camp and BBQ and then just relax....go play on different obstacles...

You know Maine and we don't. What/where is Abbot? Is that a town or a trail?

I haven't been to Maine yet this year so I'm ready. Just don't want to step on anyone else's toes, so to speak.

Eagle said:
You know Maine and we don't. What/where is Abbot? Is that a town or a trail?

I haven't been to Maine yet this year so I'm ready. Just don't want to step on anyone else's toes, so to speak.

Mt Abbot is in Shapleigh Maine...just next to Sanford Maine.

We've had stock XJ's up there...it a run where you can make it as hard or as easy as you like...go arounds for the stockers.

Nice spot up top for camping etc.....

RJ

Sounds good -- when? :) :D

the weekend of august 8th is actually looking better for me.. 16th i cant do anymore.... but please let the majority dictate.
mike

Weekend of the 8'th is a no go for me...stupid wedding:rolleyes: ....4'th one this summer...ALREADY!

The next weekend is clear for me.....

Either one would be fine with me, but we do need the "local guide", so . . . . seems like the 16th would be the one.

BTW, I see that Mt. Abbot JUST does qualify for being "in" Maine. When I was doing some searching after you mentioned Abbot, the only thing I came up with was Abbot Village in Piscataquis County - another 3 hours or so up the road - probably a good thing for those of us hoofing it up there from the south.

Let's decide soon.

Let's say the weekend of the 16th. Next question is: Do we plan to run Saturday, Sunday, or both? Even southern Maine is a trek for folks from the deep south (like NJ and PA), so perhaps the main run should be Saturday, with an optional half-day run Sunday morning for those who can stay around?

RJ -- Do we need to reserve a camp site, or is this wilderness camping?

Unless there are going to be others from the "Deep South" like me (those guys in SE Chapter probably get a real kick out of that label for Jersey), don't be concerned about the timing of my drive, I'm very flexible.

Any schedule would be fine with me, go with what seems best. I'll be there when it starts and leave when it ends! :)

Dunno if I have permission to go yet... also depends on buildup status of my rig. Maybe Jen will wanna go, and we could bring Baby Jeep... I'll update as I find out more.

Can't make it, sorry... as much as I love Maine, we will be in DC that weekend.

there is a chance i can still do that weekend but it will be a last minute desicion... damn i hate it when a plan falls apart...
mike

Eagle said:
Let's say the weekend of the 16th. Next question is: Do we plan to run Saturday, Sunday, or both? Even southern Maine is a trek for folks from the deep south (like NJ and PA), so perhaps the main run should be Saturday, with an optional half-day run Sunday morning for those who can stay around?

RJ -- Do we need to reserve a camp site, or is this wilderness camping?

Pretty much wilderness...but open LOL...

Why don't we plan to meet in southern Maine Sat Afternoon...we'll wheel up the MT and sorta relax for the evening and camp...when we get up sunday we can totter around on the other obstacles and then head out at out lesure.

Back