• NAXJA is having its 18th annual March Membership Drive!!!
    Everyone who joins or renews during March will be entered into a drawing!
    More Information - Join/Renew
  • Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

ROCKTOBERFEST 2020! October 16-18!!

Rock2pus

NAXJA Forum User
NAXJA Member
Hey everyone, I am officially announcing Rocktoberfest 2020 is a go!
Here's the rundown:
Once again, we will be wheeling at Anthracite Offroad Park for this event, Friday, Saturday, and Sunday for those who choose.
Saturday evening, we will once again be holding a dinner for all attendees, and i guarantee you, the menu thus year will NOT disappoint! Dinner held, as always, at the Clam Bake Pavilion at Twin Grove Campground.
Registration will be up soon, so here's the deal there:
This is a Thank You event for our paid up Naxja Members.
All are welcome, but there will be fees to pay for non-members, whereas it is 100% FREE for members of Naxja. (Note, this does not apply to camping or park fees). What does a member get? Well, this year, its the free dinner, event specific long sleeve t, dash plaque, and (new this year), we are buying everyone breakfast at the park on Saturday morning, courtesy of local vendor Kelseas Kitchen!
And one last thing, all members will receive one, and only one, raffle ticket for a chance at a few items we will have on hand. One in particular will be a "big ticket" item.
That one is TBA, but for now we do have two 50$ gift cards from our good sponsors at Quadratec to start.
More to come!
Keep in mind there are NO raffle tickets to be sold at this event, if you are a paid member at the time of the raffle, you get ONE ticket, and that's it. If you're not a member, there is no buy in available.
Could you just buy in for dinner, skip the shirt, and hang out? Sure, we welcome all! BUT, if you want the shirt, plaque,breakfast, dinner, etc, the extra 5$ to just join up gives all that to you. Its worth it!
Rich

So only five dollars to be a “real” member?

NO, the $5 comes from the difference between the event cost and naxja membership.

Event cost $30.00
NAXJA membership $35.00

so for an extra $5 in support of the club you will get what the members are getting for free, plus a chance to win our "big" ticket raffle item, which only members are getting a ticket for.

STROKER

Registered and cabin booked!!

NO, the $5 comes from the difference between the event cost and naxja membership.

Event cost $30.00
NAXJA membership $35.00

so for an extra $5 in support of the club you will get what the members are getting for free, plus a chance to win our "big" ticket raffle item, which only members are getting a ticket for.

STROKER

So 30$ plus 35$ to become a member?
And none members there’s a cost but undecided.

So 30$ plus 35$ to become a member?
And none members there’s a cost but undecided.

Nope, $35 to become a member, and then Rocktoberfest is free! What a deal!

David Bricker / SYR

I really, really want to come to this. It's the weekend after we get back from Hawaii and California, for our son's wedding. But my wife is seriously questioning my sanity with respect to the Covid issue.

Do we have any idea how many are attending? I have reservations at the Hampton Inn in Pine Grove, just because I'm lazy, and it's really not more than a cabin at Pine Grove, plus I can cancel if I need to.

If we're having a relatively small turnout, I may be able to get a hall pass. I'm not even worried about wheeling; I would just like to hang out with you folks.

David Bricker / SYR

And we would love to have you, David! I can say with some confidence that this event may have a fair turnout, probably in the range of around 20 rigs and closer to 40 people. That's about in line with what we had at Nac Fest, with a few last minute walk ins as well. With a little more outreach we could surpass that. Fwiw, the parks have been very busy since reopening. The case load in the area is very low. We can and do practice distancing, even around the fires. But I also understand your concerns.
I'll keep you updated as things develop.
Rich

Registered. Going to be looking for 2 seats for saturday if anyones got room. Still need to book a cabin. Where's everybody at?

Dinner is set for Saturday night of Rocktoberfest! Come hungry and make sure you register. https://ezregister.com/events/32723/
Dinner will include.....
GREEN SALAD
KIELBASA MEATLOAF
GERMAN POTATO SALAD
MAC & CHEESE
HALUSKIE (FRIED CABBAGE & NOODLES)
CORN
And back by popular demand Homemade APPLE PIE from Buddy's

Back