• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Saturday Night Dinner

PacificEd

NAXJA Member
NAXJA Member
I thought it might be good to see what you guys like to eat. Let me know what you think would make for a great meal.

Chicken tenders from Wal-mart, baked beans, cole slaw, mac & cheese, rolls, and a partridge in a pear tree.

Hot dogs for the kids..... :)

campfire cooked chili (kinda like the seen from blazing saddles)

campfire cooked chili (kinda like the seen from blazing saddles)

Just don't make it spicy. I like to taste my food when I eat. :roll:

anybody got a big grill they can bring.... i love to cook and in large portions, it must be the 15 years of restaurant experience. if not i will see if i can find 1. i think the rental place down the road has 1 for like $20 a day that is about 6X2 mounted on a trailer., how many folks are we looking at so far???

Are you volunteering to cook for the event and do you have any clue what shoes you have to fill?

Delta is a small town and there is not much there in way of finding someone to cater a meal. We need some input as to what folks want or are willing to do.

Delta is a small town and there is not much there in way of finding someone to cater a meal. We need some input as to what folks want or are willing to do.

I'm willing to make sure the cook gets back to camp on time! :)

how many people are we looking to feed??????????? i have cooked for 150+ parties b4 with no problems but that was at a place where i had a full kitchen. I have never been to 1 of these events so i have no clue how many people attend.

Here is what I can suggest. Figure up what you can do it for per person. Id say 50 people max some for them being kids. We paid Tim aka The Hard Struggler to do it last year and it was awsome!

Here is what I can suggest. Figure up what you can do it for per person. Id say 50 people max some for them being kids. We paid Tim aka The Hard Struggler to do it last year and it was awsome!
Almost:chef:! Heather told me what the budget was per person and I made the best food I could for that amount.

I think last year was $10 per head... I think....

Almost:chef:! Heather told me what the budget was per person and I made the best food I could for that amount.

I think last year was $10 per head... I think....

He would know better then me! I just had to make sure he was there on time! :) It was delious too! You need to come to the crawl my friend!

$10 / head isn't unreasonable concidering I order everything wholesale, i was thinking smoked chicken, sausage, potato salad, beans, things like that.....or do you guys just want burgers and dogs????? my ground beef comes in in a 15lb tube thats like 25-30 burgers right there.... let me look around this week and see what i can put together and i will let you guys know. let me crunch some numbers:compwork:

$10 / head isn't unreasonable concidering I order everything wholesale, i was thinking smoked chicken, sausage, potato salad, beans, things like that.....or do you guys just want burgers and dogs????? my ground beef comes in in a 15lb tube thats like 25-30 burgers right there.... let me look around this week and see what i can put together and i will let you guys know. let me crunch some numbers:compwork:

Right now we have $10 to work with for the meal per person. We are still in the process of registration so I don't know how many total people will be eating Saturday night.

The menu would be up to you. What can be put together for $10 per head? Tim did smoked chicken, potato salad, baked beans, and corn on the cob for last years meal.

Thanks for the interest in doing this!

Can Tim do it again??? PLEASE!!! I'll get down on my knees and beg him if need be...

No offense slammed73, but if you haven't had Tim's cooking, you haven't eaten! I seriously thought that I had died and gone to heaven when I ate that steak at the November Windrock trip...

Back