• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Calico - Pot Luck Dinner on Saturday Night

GSequoia

Everyone says I'm a jerk.
NAXJA Member
Alright everybody, the plan is to go pot luck style on Saturday night. Dinner will be served around 6 so that those going home can still take part. We should have plenty of time between getting back from the trail and dinner to prepare, you can even go to the grocery store in Barstow if you need.

Sequoia

There's a fire pit in the center area.....I'll bring a little firewood and a table to put food out on. Anyone else?

Goatman said:
There's a fire pit in the center area.....I'll bring a little firewood and a table to put food out on. Anyone else?

We've still got the two long tables that we took to Moab in the motorhome. We'll bring those and make lasagna for the pot luck.

We have an oven in our motorhome should anybody want to prep a few loaves of garlic bread. (hint hint)

Sequoia,

Still have those tables if you need them give me a call so we can make hand off arrangements.

Joe

TRNDRVR said:
:chef: Tri-tip recipe?

I've gotten too lazy to do any real cooking out there. I did make tri tip on our NAXJA Rubicon trip a couple of years ago. I'll probably bring a large pie or two. :)

Goatman said:
I've gotten too lazy to do any real cooking out there. I did make tri tip on our NAXJA Rubicon trip a couple of years ago. I'll probably bring a large pie or two. :)
If someone wants it, I'll post it. It's pretty damn tasty and a definite crowd pleaser. :lickout:

TRNDRVR said:
If someone wants it, I'll post it. It's pretty damn tasty and a definite crowd pleaser. :lickout:

Yeah, Dan has a great tri tip marinade recipe if anyone's up for grilling some.......it was very good when we had it a couple months ago in JV.

Goatman said:

Oh Yeah I remember that it was great.

Joe

I'll Que up a few tri-tips for Saturday night.

Does it seem like there's anything we're missing?

I had a couple of frozen tri-tips I was gonna bring, but if we're gonna have too many of them...

bburge

Well I bought a pack of hot dogs & buns and I plan on bringing my gril, but I usually only eat 2 for dinner, so I'll contribute the rest of my hot dogs and buns for some tri-tip! ;)

karstic said:
I'll Que up ` feF tri-ti@p fnr S}urday .kght.[/QUOTD]Du`, xou'vi got to try this. No BS!!!!! :lickout: :chef:
I've had people buy @od give me tri-`p on apQhursday and in&`te me per forPaturday BBQ. ;)
In fact, I'm grilling two of them tonight for the next door neighbors. :thumbup:

Mom (Jan) Frazier's Beef Kabob Marinade
1/2 Cup ketchup
1 teaspoon salt
1/2 teaspoon pepper
2 Tablespoons sugar
2 teaspoons mustard
2 Tablespoons soy sauce
1/4 Cup wine vinegar
2 Tablespoons Worcestershire sauce
1/4 Cup lemon juice
2 Tablespoons salad oil
1 teaspoon parsley (flakes)
1 crushed garlic clove

Combine, mix, and pour over tri-tip (any quality cut of beef). Marinade for 24-48 hours. Grill on a medium high to high heat BBQ. Baste meat with remaining marinade. Don't be afraid to put a little burn tinge on the thicker cuts of meat. Adds a wonderful flavor to it. Enjoy!!!

All I ask in return is that if you make this, you have to tell me how you liked it. Also, no changing of the name. Its been Mom (Jan) Frazier's Beef Kabob Marinade for as long as I can remember.

Thanks,
Dan.

bburge said:
Does it seem like there's anything we're missing?

Salad? (And salad dressing.)

I'll bring a couple of Costco pies.

Dan that sounds like a pretty good marinade. I'll do a couple in that and a couple in a bourbon based marinade that I have. Mmmmm just thinking about it is making me hungry.

I'll bring a little special something as well... was going to sneak by with the salad portion, but I was beat to it... Oh well, haha! See y'all soon.

-Marisha

wolfheartak said:
I'll bring a little special something as well... was going to sneak by with the salad portion, but I was beat to it... Oh well, haha! See y'all soon.

-Marisha

I'm thinking about bringng couple cases of Sodas? :D

wolfheartak said:
I'll bring a little special something as well... was going to sneak by with the salad portion, but I was beat to it...

I just suggested salad to Bill. I don't know if he committed to it or not. Check with him. I think a salad would go great with both the lasagna and the cow.

Back