• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

What was done to YOUR rig(XJ/MJ) today MECHANICALY????

Steering ram installed and some plumbing is done. Getting so close to being back on the road!

Working on the sliders. Trimmed a little too much on the front leg. But the rear leg and the pinch seam are perfect. Either gonna weld the mount plate back on the front and drill or figure out if sleeving the arm is a better option

Got the other side on. These things fit way better than my old sliders did.

Picking mine up from the shop today. Clogged catalytic converter apparently. They slapped a new one in.

Back on the road!

Hydro assist seems to be working great! Still have a few things left to button up for the current projects, but it is nice to have a jeep that runs and drives :)

drained the coolant out of my ZJ and flush and filled with distilled water and a coolant additive bottle, in hopes to keep it running about 212 with the AC on full blast. so far its been too hot to run the AC since it really needs all the ducting to be re-sealed and probably all the leafs cleaned out of the blower motor.

Thought about starting the front end rebuild (track bar bushings, control arm bushings, upper & lower ball joints) but its still too hot.:flame::flame:

Drove mine to work today so I can get it inspected.

Brakes feel mushy. Really need to do the WJ swap.

Had to get mine ready to pass inspection and the horn on the driver side isn't working. Bought a replacement from oreilys and now it works.

Went to get the inspection and the handbrake wouldn't hold the jeep when they guy gave it gas.

So I got to reading how to adjust it. Found out the drums brakes should be adjust an that helps with the ebrakes.

Went to adjust the the adjusting screw thing on the drums brakes and they are so far out of adjustment I had to turn it a bunch of times for them to finally make contact. Got them adjusted and the jeep brakes so much better. My guess is the rear brakes weren't even being used when I was braking all these years.

Probably explains why I had brake fade when I was out wheeling last. Also should probably upgrade the brake lines with steel braided ones.

Gonna wait till I move to tackle the disk brake conversion.

Oh and this is the first year I got to do just a safety inspection and not the whole inspection including emissions test. It was like $7 for the inspection...nice!

I finally got my stock Wagoneer brakes working perfectly, 100% OEM. Needs a roof paint job is all now.

Had to replace parts I never thought could cause a problem.

It was one hell of an adventure figuring it out.

The 1989 White XJ busted at the axle Leaf spring was completed (shocks Matter LOL. Shocking I know). It defined PITA getting those bolts out.

Towed the other one down here from Colorado last year, So I have 2 of them, 89, white, stock 4x4 with AW4. Selling at least one now asap.

Time to find a good home for the 85 FrankenJeep Diesel.

I barely drive anymore. Pandemic, health-RA, etc... Low immunity from RA drugs to keep my Immune system from killing me, so It is too risky (Viruses) and pain full to get out about much anymore.

In almost 18 years, I have only meet 2-3 folks here yet.. in Person

:eek:---------------------------------

Drove mine to work today so I can get it inspected.

Brakes feel mushy. Really need to do the WJ swap.

I finally got my stock Wagoneer brakes working perfectly, 100% OEM. Needs a roof paint job is all now.

Had to replace parts I never thought could cause a problem.

It was one hell of an adventure figuring it out.

The 1989 White XJ busted at the axle Leaf spring was completed (shocks Matter LOL. Shocking I know). It defined PITA getting those bolts out.

Towed the other one down here from Colorado last year, So I have 2 of them, 89, white, stock 4x4 with AW4. Selling at least one now asap.

Time to find a good home for the 85 FrankenJeep Diesel.

I barely drive anymore. Pandemic, health-RA, etc... Low immunity from RA drugs to keep my Immune system from killing me, so It is too risky (Viruses) and pain full to get out about much anymore.

In almost 18 years, I have only meet 2-3 folks here yet.. in Person

:eek:---------------------------------
When you are ready to let go of that diesel xj I know a guy. And it might not actually be me either. LOL

In other news, even though I have previously posted about it. I actually suffered through pulling those axles for my XJ finally. The super duty 60, more than maxed out the bed on my truck where my crane is mounted. Guess I'll be fixing it when I build version 2.0

Now to continue to hoard and stock piling goodies one peice at a time for this jeep until I've either lost interest, or preferably I throw it all together so I don't ruin my nice ZJ more than I want too
5c4da16f94227a3edd9a67b71fa8b496.jpg

Sent from my SM-S901U1 using Tapatalk

Got the front end rebuilt (new control arm bushings, track bar bushings, ball joints). Think its ready for a wheeling trip!

20220915_184454.jpg 20220927_164522.jpg 20220928_160333.jpg

Actually had some time to work on mine last night.

Got the front leg on the slider properly trimmed to fit with the long arm brackets, halfway welded the backing plate back on. Should finish that tonight then I can do the other side.

Also found a set of WJ knuckles with the spacers already welded on so I snagged those. Probably do the WJ swap in the next few months.

Sweet find on those knuckles!

I have been cranking away on my list. On Wednesday, i fixed my parking brake. Only got a little bloody in the process.

Besides that, hydro assist is dialed in, sway bar removed, bump stops installed, lights wired up, front brake lines extended, and spring retainers fabricated. Almost ready for Hidden Falls next weekend!

Dropped the fuel tank again. Replaced the fuel pump lock ring and seal. Also added some sealant. Shouldn't leak again now. Probably going to Bridgeport OHV next weekend.

Back