• NAXJA is having its 18th annual March Membership Drive!!!
    Everyone who joins or renews during March will be entered into a drawing!
    More Information - Join/Renew
  • Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Power Door Lock Problems

RrCoX22

NAXJA Forum User
I purchased the vehicle a few weeks back and the power door locks didn't work. I went into the interior fuse box and checked the fuses for front door / windows and they were good and put back in and then all the power door locks worked. Ran fine for a week with key fob working too then all of a sudden no power door locks again.

Now the passenger side window switch seems to not be working. Would this have any effect of this issue of them not locking? None of the fuses are blown. I just hate electrical gremlins.

I have had an intermittent passenger side window switch problem for years in both Jeeps (1997, 2001). I have also had wonkiness from the door locks. In the 1997, I would occasionally hear the relay in the control board in the passenger side door click but nothing would happen - replacing that module fixed the door lock issue. In the 2001, I have hyper-active door locks that lock/unlock/lock driving down the road over bumps etc. I removed the fuse until I deal with it. What is interesting is that this problem is worsens when someone is sitting in the passenger seat. It could just be the vehicle flexes differently. There is no wiring in the seat that could cause this. Some years back I had to splice in a new wire in the drivers door for an intermittent drivers side door speaker. Check the wiring in the door jambs.

Take apart your door paneling and check the wires to your switches, then trace them down to the door jam and make sure no wires are pinched, broken, etc. Check your grounds. If all looks good, take out your glove box and check for fried wires etc. In this year jeep, it could be either or, or both. In my case, both.

Back