• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

1996 Jeep Cherokee Country $5500

setsdw96xj

NAXJA Forum User
I have a 1996 Jeep Cherokee XJ rock crawler for sale located in Cookeville, TN. It has 4" of lift, and 35x12.50x15 BFG AT's with less than 5,000 miles on them.

IMG_4678.JPG

Everything works great and it runs great. I just never get to go off-road and I need something that gets better gas mileage. Open to offers and trades on other vehicles of equal

value. Email me with questions [email protected]

Now for the details,
Front Axle is a High Pinion Dana 30 That is trussed

Chromolly inner and outer axle shafts. (spares with hubs will be included)

It has 4.88 gears, Spartan locker in the front, New front hubs,New Tie rod ends,All New ball joints It has all, new seals, bearings and gears in both axles

The front has a Ruff Stuff Specialties diff cover. It has adjustable radius arms, with heims on the frame end.

The front has a WJ knuckle swap, with larger dual piston calipers and crossover steering.

Over The Knuckle steering Front brake calipers, pads, rotors, and extended brake hoses are almost new.

New tie rod, drag link JKS MFG, New adjustable double shear track bar with johnny joint JKS MFG.

It has a durango steering box which makes it easy to turn the 35's.

New rough country sway bar quick disconnects.

Brand new Iron Rock steering stabilizer

Front and mid Frame stiffeners by HD Offroad Engineering, custom high clearance rock rails.

The rear end is a 31 spline Limited Slip 8.8 rear with Disc brakes.

Steel braided brake line in rear, Ballistic Fab diff cover in rear

Ruff Stuff Specialties 8" spring perches,

HD Offroad Engineering Shackle relocation Brackets. The rear flexes great!

New Slip Yoke Eliminator on it. New Rockcrawler 15x8 with 3.75" backspacing with matching spare, Gas tank skid,

Custom made transmission and transfer case skid plate.

Custom rear bumper with swing out tire carrier was made with 1/4" steel. it has 2x4 boxed tubing wich goes up in the frame and mounts like a hitch for added strength. the bumper

is very stout!! The Front bumper was also made with 1/4' steel. It has a 9,000 pound winch that has never been used.

The light bar on top consists of 4 100 Watt lights that are VERY BRIGHT!!! They have been wired in safely with relays as well, no fires here. Brand new KC Appolo lights on grill

guard.

Brand new THule roof rack with Thule MOAB basket and extension.

Under the hood it has a cold air cowl snorkel.

Brand new Duralast/Gold battery with 8 year warranty. Has been relocated to the drivers side to make room for a York On board Air setup.

The body has over 250,000 miles on it but the engine, transmission, and transfer case have around 150,000 and they all run great! Transmission had a complete service done 500

miles ago.

The radiator was replaced a year ago and was flushed about a month ago.
Brand new FLowmaster Super 44 installed. Nice deep growl to the exhaust and a little more pickup!

It has Grand cherokee Seats front and rear which are 100 times more comfortable. no rips or tears anywhere. the rear has a 60/40 split seat...

Interior is in great shape! Brand New Rugged Ridge A/T floor liners in front.

The windows have 20% window tint all the way around.
Premium Sound! New Kenwood ipod ready radio with remote, JL Audio speakers in door and rear and 15" sub in the rear. Sound is amazing.

I may have missed something, but all parts listed above with the exception of the bumpers and rockrails have less than 5,000 miles on them!

This jeep is ready to go! and should not need anything for a while.

I drive it back and forth to Cookeville every day and it does 80 MPH smoothly! There is no death wobble or scary stuff like that. This jeep was built right to be safe on the

road and very functional off road. No shortcuts in the build, only high quality.

Heat and A/C all work great! Brand new heater core, New NSS switch, new starter, new plugs and plug wires and probably more stuff that I can't remember right now.

Here's a link to the build process
http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f11/klint96xj-build-thread-1174280/

Email me with questions or if you need specific pics

IMG_4685.JPG

IMG_4679.JPG

Last edited:
Could you double space it next time? i dont think you put enough spaces in there!
also put some CAPITAL LETTERS TO EMPHASIS EVERYTHING YOU THINK IS IMPORTANT!

Hope you sell it.. seems a bit high but good luck!

Lol! Yeah sorry about the spacing. A lot of that was from the original ad the way the guy I bought it from typed it. I was going to retype it but it was late and I was too lazy lol!
And as for the price I'm always open to offers via PM's. I'm also willing to take off a few of the accessories and go a little cheaper.

My curiosity is killing me. Why is the truss on the bottom and not on top? I realize that a truss built that way is actually stronger than on top but that's really only practical in the desert in go fast stuff.

No, it doesn't hang lower than the diff but for me that kills 4" of clearance. You can easily aim the axle tube for rocks.

Now it has a shovel on the front of it.

It's be awesome to let some air out of the front tires and grade my driveway.

At the most your loosing a little over three inches plus it tapers so that diminishes towards the tires. Mounting it on the bottom was the only way to get it to run the full length of the axle.
image-3382027398.jpg

We run a lot of old road beds out here and sometimes at speed so it's good for a lot more than just the desert.

Are you guys even the least bit interested or just trying to piss on his thread? I mean good god just stop and think before you type a comment in every single thread. Its getting a bit ridiculous. If you have a comment or question about his jeep and your not interested then shoot him a PM.

Do you have a jeep to go flip?

So are you interested in his jeep geek? If not why did you have to make negative comments about his ad and price? Would you want that done to you? Can't you just stop and think before you post?

I just wanted to know why he made a truss on the bottom of the axle. He answered my question. Now I'm happy.

The bad part about listing a vehicle for sale in a forum is people can comment on it. You might get positive comments or negative comments. Either way you have to be prepared for them and to not get your panties in a bunch.

See, ya can't do that on craigslist, ebay or papers ads... man I wish you could...

The poster obviously didn't have a problem with my questions and answered them. It's his Jeep. I just wanted to know why he did it that way. Simple as that.

What I find hilarious is when someone completely unrelated tries to step in and fix the 'problem'.

To answer your question... Yes, I'm interested in buying another Jeep.

Last edited:
The classifieds are not a discussion forum. They are for someone to post their ad. Your comment about grading your driveway with it and it being a shovel proves my point. You were simply trying to be negative and you disguised it by acting like you were curious about it. Its pretty obvious. So if you cant take the high road and stop pissing on peoples threads then we can leave it at that. But just remember when you post something up for sale what goes around comes around.

Last edited:
The classifieds are not a discussion forum. They are for someone to post their ad. Your comment about grading your driveway with it and it being a shovel proves my point. You were simply trying to be negative and you disguised it by acting like you were curious about it. Its pretty obvious. So if you cant take the high road and stop pissing on peoples threads then we can leave it at that. But just remember when you post something up for sale what goes around comes around.

I'm glad you've made your point.

I'll keep it in mind.

PM sent.

The truss on the front....is it feasible to cut that sucker lengthwise and make it a couple inches higher up, then re-weld the truss? Or would that completely defeat the purpose of the truss? Not trying to start a ruckus, just curious.

Last edited:
Back