• NAXJA is having its 18th annual March Membership Drive!!!
    Everyone who joins or renews during March will be entered into a drawing!
    More Information - Join/Renew
  • Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

WHO'S RUNNING GREEN TRAL?

BOB

MWC geezer
NAXJA Member
I am leading Green Trail again this year. Who is running green? XJOSH95 (Josh) is my tail-gunner. We will help everyone get through the trail. My group will be on cb channel 7. a few points to know. When you are in line, introduce yourself to the person in front of you and behind you. when you go over hills, always tell the person behind you when you are over the hill and out of the way. Just say the persons name and say "BOB...I am clear". this way he or she knows they can come over and know they will not run into you. If someone in front of you is going up a hill, don't move up...wait til he gets over the hill. Because, he may not make it over and may need to roll back down the hill.
If you have ANY questions, post them up now.

BOB

i will either run green or "Rev's Run" depending on the requirements, the leaders figure that out on friday right?

Yes....by Friday night we will know what the requirements are for each trail.

If you are too built for Easy, and don't mind paint damage, or the chance of body damage, Rev's Run will be open to you.

Rev

I'm in your group again Bob!

can some one fill me in on the trails? i am new to this offroading stuff. im used to going around turns at 80+ mph....

Green and White are the easier stuff. We can get your stocker through and if all else fails someone will have a winch and everyone will have a strap. We had quite a few bone stock rigs running last year You may damage your rockers at stock height just depends on whether you care or not. Orange is more difficult and usually requires one locker but it depends on the condition of the trail in any case. Red/Pink are the Hard stuff. Then there is a whole Quarry to play around in.

Green and White are the easier stuff. We can get your stocker through and if all else fails someone will have a winch and everyone will have a strap. We had quite a few bone stock rigs running last year You may damage your rockers at stock height just depends on whether you care or not. Orange is more difficult and usually requires one locker but it depends on the condition of the trail in any case. Red/Pink are the Hard stuff. Then there is a whole Quarry to play around in.
there are holes in the floor and roof. my mirros are attached with glue, and my oil psi shows 140.....

lets break some more shit

and my rockers are rusted and being replaced with dom. so i dont care. ive sadly already called my motor club just in case

Tessa and I are with you Bob... Although Rev's run sounds interesting I will just have to wait for the requirements. If it will involve the Orange trail rock garden I am out. I hated wheelin that over the summer when I went. I just had no fun trying it open on 30's.

Yes....by Friday night we will know what the requirements are for each trail.

If you are too built for Easy, and don't mind paint damage, or the chance of body damage, Rev's Run will be open to you.

Rev

Rev's little romp through the ATV trails last year was a blast, depending on
where he ventures to this year I might follow him on his trail run too. I'm
thinking I don't want to push it too hard because I still have my little heat
soak issue I've had the last 3 winterfests I've been to.

For those of you who are wondering what trails to try, I was able to
"make" it through pink last year with 32's, a winch, and a front locker.
However, it was dry, I took most of the detours, and had some help.
But I will say it fun and a good learning experience.

Jester

Green can be as easy or difficult as you want it to be. With a stock XJ, yes, you can make it through using some by-passes and common sense. Green can have some challenges as well. There are some areas you can choose not to by-pass, test your skills, and see what your XJ can do. Thats why it is very important to have a working cb radio. This way we can communicate to you while we're on the trail. Also, this is why it is important to have front and rear tow points.

BOB

Winterfest Virgin here Bob.
Ill be taggin with you.

There may end up being more than one green group so Bob may not be the only green trail leader. Thats what happened last year.

Bob this is my first Winterfest i think i will be in your group being on 31's and open.

Hi there! Bob's tail-gunner here.

You been peekin?!

Back