• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

What Do You Need to Get Done On Your Rig?

Re: What Do You Need to Get DOne On Your Rig?

Repaired my leaky rear ARB and changed out some worn out heims for Johnny Joints. Jeep is riding better than it has in a long time. Almost ready to wheel!

Re: What Do You Need to Get DOne On Your Rig?

already been doing a ton of maintenance / checking over things since reno

Service rear diff fluid on the 14b
Change PS fluid
fix driver rear door - wont open.

If I find some cheap 37s :
then drop the lift 2" or so. I dont see this happening before SF but who knows.

Using as my dd until I fix the GMC. It is occasionally running super rough. Engine light start blinking. Code says misfire on Cylinder 1 - almost like a heat soak start.
Hoping the below will fix the issue - already purchased and need to install:
Spark Plugs
Coil Pack
Injectors

Then just need to make sure all the nuts and bolts are tight.

Looking forward to seeing everyone.

Using as my dd until I fix the GMC. It is occasionally running super rough. Engine light start blinking. Code says misfire on Cylinder 1 - almost like a heat soak start.
Hoping the below will fix the issue - already purchased and need to install:
Spark Plugs
Coil Pack
Injectors

Then just need to make sure all the nuts and bolts are tight.

Looking forward to seeing everyone.

I hope so too. Start with plugs and go from there. if its just cylinder #1 you can always swap injectors with another known good cylinder and see if it follows the injector. good luck Mark.

hmmm... I just have one or two things to do.

-change the trans with another one
-flush cooling system
-change vapor breather nipple on top of the gas tank
-button up exhaust
-paint the 4 link and cantilever stuff
-fix a crack in one of the wheels
-install limit straps on the rear
-change springs on the rear for dual rates

hmmm... I just have one or two things to do.

-change the trans with another one
-flush cooling system
-change vapor breather nipple on top of the gas tank
-button up exhaust
-paint the 4 link and cantilever stuff
-fix a crack in one of the wheels
-install limit straps on the rear
-change springs on the rear for dual rates

You need to change your trans out? What happened ?

You need to change your trans out? What happened ?

It's leaking from various spots on the case. It's just needing to be either rebuilt or replaced after all those years of running big tires with stock gears.

-New front coil perches
- Front diff service
- New power steering pump
- Check frame for cracks around steering box
- reinstall the rebuilt rear leafs
- check out the entire front end after shakedown at reno

i really need to swap in my doubler and d300 but i doubt it will happen. im so damn busy and my wife is having surgery in a few weeks.

Last edited:
Run is four weeks out. If you haven't had a chance to get under your rig to give it a once over, now is the time. Make sure all your maintenance stuff is done and the little things that can disable your rig are taken care of!

Theres a chance ill be dropping my massive lift from 8.5" to like 5" and running some 37s to drop overall rig down even more . we will see how it works...

Tcase fluid change,diff fluid change. Front truss bridge so I don't have to worry about only have upper link on passenger side with my mid-arm 3 link setup. Finish RC scx10 II jeep XJ rock crawler build

Well, installed Chromos fronts with new unit bearings and replaced the bad coil/installed new cap and rotor. Installed newer steering wheel. Just waiting on my t-case skid to get here and install it over the weekend.

Timing cover is leaking on my runner so gotta reseal that... gonna throw on another cylinder head since mine needs rebuild... But ill be ready in the yota haha

Hopefully this is just a minor issue which I believe it is...

Drove it to work today and got the 'no bus' code and all gauges dead. Drove it home just fine. I'm hoping the connections just need to be cleaned because I am camping Mon through Wed then have work Thu to Sat. Not much time to diagnose it if its more than that.

check the oil - fill the gas - repaired rear frame crack and serviced after last years sierra fest - oh and buy some beer

coils are cut, fluids changed. things are inspected. I still need to inspect my pitman arm after seeing pats.

I ordered rims today and one new 37, should have the 37s mounted this week with a HF changer and some airsoft.

Back