• NAXJA is having its 18th annual March Membership Drive!!!
    Everyone who joins or renews during March will be entered into a drawing!
    More Information - Join/Renew
  • Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

A D44 front question and flat top knuckle. DIG IT!

BUCKYXJ

NAXJA Forum User
I am going to pull a D44 this weekend and need to ask a couple of questions. The D44 is coming out of a waggy and is driverside drop. also I can get a set of flat top knuckles off of a international D44(I think) should I go ahead and get them also? The pull a part is having a big sale $50 for all the parts you can pull. We are getting two rear D60's a 14 bolt and my D44 and a D35 off of a ZJ (for the disc brakes). Thanks and does anyone have a write up on the D44 install. Thanks
DIG IT
So my main question is should I get the flat top knuckles? I will be running D44 front and rear and maybe D60 rear D44 front.
Thanks

what are you going to do about bolt patterns ? waggy rear 44 as well? if it is an xj 44 rear that 6 lug waggy front no matchy :) not to mention the front axle will be 2.5 inches wider overall than the rear 44. and just fyi the only rear 60 i know of that is 63 is an early 70s ford 60... they are 63" wms to wms .. this is why i am going with ford f250 hp44 / d 60 combo and leaving it all 8 lug.

Last edited:
I am already planning on carrying 2 spares. I am picking up a couple D60's a 14bolt and a D44 front and a ZJ D35 for the disc brakes.I will be running different lug patterns no matter what way I go. This will be on the trail rig only.

Back