• NAXJA is having its 18th annual March Membership Drive!!!
    Everyone who joins or renews during March will be entered into a drawing!
    More Information - Join/Renew
  • Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Theft must be a trend.

HawkZero

NAXJA Forum User
Went out to my jeep and found my handheld GPS and GMRS radios missing from center console. Pissed about the GPS and the radios were a nice to have but cheap. Idiots left behind a surefire flashlight, $20 in spare lithium batteries and my $5000 titanium bicycle.

So much for living in a "safe" cul-de-sac in a quiet neighborhood.

Skwerly said:
Grrrr.... I hate HATE thieves and cheaters. Lowest type of folks on the planet IMO.

Sorry this happened to you man, what a damn bummer.

:mad:

Just talked to the neighbors. One of them a few doors down had their stereo pulled a few weeks ago.

I was just thinking about putting a new CD player in mine to replace the stock tape player. Might rethink that now...

HawkZero said:

I know what you mean. I live a relatively quiet cul-de-sac (except for the tagger shooting my neighbor). I have left my wifes accord windows down with the Kenwood CD player in it (not on purpose) and now, Cory (tuesdaysfall) has left his jeep in the street with half doors with CB and stuff in it for a week now. But I never think "it won't happen to me" I just wonder "when".

Either way.....SUCKS. Sorry to hear about it.

HawkZero said:
Went out to my jeep and found my handheld GPS and GMRS radios missing from center console. Pissed about the GPS and the radios were a nice to have but cheap. Idiots left behind a surefire flashlight, $20 in spare lithium batteries and my $5000 titanium bicycle.

We're seeing a bunch of this kind stuff in Temecula. I take reports weekly of people whose windows were broken and GPS or Ipod taken. If the car is unlocked stuff disappears in minutes. It's a damn shame if a thief stumbles and gets his face smashed in trying to take somebody's stuff :D

Anybody know of a decent alarm thats not too pricey just to act as a deterrent? There was literally nothing showing in my car... I'm almost positive it was locked because I wouldn't leave my bike in an unlocked car.

i was at my part time job last night and my doors were unlocked and my pelican 7060 ($150) flashlight and 2 rc cars were stolen from the backseat...

oh well, live and learn... that was one bitchin flashlight

Alarms are way simple. the most effective portion of the alarm is the dome lamp circuit. open the door and alarm senses currant. along with the starter interrupt, which can be easily overridden in 5 min. The best defense is the blinking light, they will move on to you neighborers vehicle. I am going to see how many Silencer alarms I have in old inventory and will post up how many, up for grabs, will keep you posted

I have a car defender. http://www.cardefender.com Funny, how my 91 Civic Si, and my 91 XJ are more likely to get jacked than my wife's 02 civic, or my minivan. I hooked it up to disable power to the ecu/fuelpump, so the car will crank, but not start. 3 attempts on the civic so far, 1 ignition switch, and broken plastic on the bottom of the column. I should really just leave it unlocked and put a key in the ignition. :)

Oh, this is what prompted it http://wolfenet.org/gallery2/v/crx/stolen

Last edited:
markw said:
I have a car defender. http://www.cardefender.com Funny, how my 91 Civic Si, and my 91 XJ are more likely to get jacked than my wife's 02 civic, or my minivan. I hooked it up to disable power to the ecu/fuelpump, so the car will crank, but not start. 3 attempts on the civic so far, 1 ignition switch, and broken plastic on the bottom of the column. I should really just leave it unlocked and put a key in the ignition. :)

Oh, this is what prompted it http://www.wolfenet.org/gallery2/v/crx/stolen

Nice unit...but it would only work if some is interested in the vehicle. I just think there were some kids from the surrounding neighborhoods prowling around. They apparently opened our neighbors car too. They didn't take anything of true value either. Left behind the CDs, wallet, credit cards etc. So far the only thing missing is my GPS and handheld radios. Also found an empty pack of newports in the driveway. I don't smoke and my neighbor smokes Camels.

HawkZero said:
Nice unit...but it would only work if some is interested in the vehicle. I just think there were some kids from the surrounding neighborhoods prowling around. They apparently opened our neighbors car too. They didn't take anything of true value either. Left behind the CDs, wallet, credit cards etc. So far the only thing missing is my GPS and handheld radios. Also found an empty pack of newports in the driveway. I don't smoke and my neighbor smokes Camels.

Yeah, it doesn't keep them from rummaging through the car. I don't leave anything valuable in the cars. You go back to where my dad lives, and you can leave anything in the car including the keys.

I rely on the Remington 12 Ga security system, and some noisy ass dogs. I sleep next to the dogs and my vehicles.

Where I grew up, we lost the keys to the house......for 30-some odd years.

I'd get a basic Viper alarm. If someone really wants to steal your car or something in it they will but that blue blinking light will keep away most of the "smash 'n' grab" types who will just move on to an easier target.

I hidden switch that interrupts the fuel pump circuit is the cheapest and easiest I have found. I HATE alarms with a passion and have never really believed in them for the nuisance that they are. I am also a believer in not leaving things visible from the windows (although I do leave my dive gear in the jeep on occasion). When I had my blazer prerunner, I would leave it unlocked or leave the windows down just so no one would break the windows to find out they cant start the thing....windows are pricier than anything I had in it.
-KG

someone needs to set these theifs up.... like having someone get killed for stealing cars every day for a month... its like cutting off hands...
what do car theifs get in jail? a month? not enough deterant if you ask me.

xcm said:
what do car theifs get in jail? a month? not enough deterant if you ask me.
most of them are out on bail within 24 hours, and never show up for court. at least all the ones i knew :eyes:

dude they left a shurefire? thats a very expensive flashlight...im not sure what supply has them quoted as but theyre very pricey!

Back