• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Never got to build his XJ-

IXNAYXJ

NAXJA Forum User
My dad passed away last night, apparently in his sleep of a heart attack. A lot of you met him over the years at various functions and know what a dynamic, interesting and genuinely great person he was. Although he was a Toyota person in the past, he was gradually coming around to Jeeps. I only regret we never had the time to build the Cherokee for him that we'd been planning. He'll be missed by a lot of people.

The silver lining of this is that my parents were participating in a study using portable defibrillators (AED). Obviously my Mom doesn't need it anymore, so we're donating it to PNWJeep club to have on all our trail runs (we had discussed buying one as a club). Hopefully it'll never be needed, but if the situation does arise, maybe it will be able to help someone where it didn't my Dad.

Anyway, keep my family in your thoughts in the upcoming week. We'll be having a memorial service this Friday; if anyone is interested in attending, PM me for details.

Here's a picture of him in his FJ45 in the early 80's, going where Jeeps feared to tread:

ma0011.jpg

He always insisted that we never skimped on Christmas Trees, either:

matt_a_pic3.jpg

-----Matt-----

Matt I am sorry for your/your family's loss. You and your family are in our thoughts and prayers.

That is great that your mother is donating the AED to PNWjeep. I just got certified in Adult/pediatric CPR last week, And got to use an AED several times on a dummy.

We love you man

Sorry to hear about your Dad. Our prayers are with you and your family.

Our thoughts are with you.

Sorry to hear Matt.

Just know now you will never be wheelin alone, he will always be in that seat next to you.

James

Matt,
I am very sorry for your loss. My family will keep yours in our thoughts and prayers. Your Dad was a wonderful person and I enjoyed the pleasure of meeting him.

I am sure that the donation will be very well received. That is very nice of you.

If there is anything that I can do for you please don't hesitate to give me a call.

Regards,
Michael

Back