• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

I finally joined the best XJ club (long)

Ron S

NAXJA Forum User
My name is Ron Stevick, I'm NAXJA member #651. Finally after 5 years of playing on this site I broke down & joined. This is by far the greatest group of XJ'ers (& MJ'ers) out there. This forum has been informative and extremely enjoyable for me. I've met many, many friends from here and hope to meet many more in the years to come!!
A little about my stable of XJ's:
1994 Cherokee Country, white and champagne, 4.0L with minor engine upgrades, 5" lift with 33x12.50 BFG A/Ts, RS9000's
1995 plain jane, 2 door XJ, aqua, 4.0L, ax15, 231 x-case w/4:1 and 2 low, SYE, D44 rear w/ spool, D30 front w/ detroit, 4.56's, 297's, custom OTK steering w/ 1 1/4 dom tubing, custom long-arm system w/10" lift, flush 1/2" thick X-member, custom shackle box in rear, rear axle slid back 2" and wheel wells re-arched to accept 38x15.50 radial swampers on 10" wide wheels, custom pre-run style front bumper w/rep8000, custom rear bumper, spare 38 mounted inside, 6000 watt power inverter to run my welder, power tools and air compresser, unique "roof" rails, blah, blah, blah
Near future plans consist of D60's F&R, full width, 44's in the rear, 42's up front. Time to completely trash it!!
I bought my XJ new in '95 for one reason: to use it.
I like to call it "The UTE"
I'm 31 and have been around 4-wheeling for 31 years. I bleed this stuff.
I've had 3 fullsize GMs: the largest sitting on 40's, an s-10 on 34" buckshots, and the one I miss the most: an '89 MJ SB w/8" lift and 35's, an 8.25 and 4.56s front and rear, This was my tow vehicle. My new Tow rig is a 2000 Dodge Ram 2500 4x4 club cab, V-10, 2" lift in front, air bags in back and 36x12.50x16 swamper radials.
I take what I do with great pride and respect the earth that I drive on. It's clubs like this that prove to people that we're not just a bunch of beer drinking, mud bogging, trail thrashing morons they think we are.
Thanks for letting me in this fantastic club.
Chill,
RonS

Congradulations! Some day (hopefully soon) I wanna join up too. Only thing keeping me from that right now is the $$$. Wear your sticker proud!

About time there Ron...LOL you coming to Tellico...won't be the same without...

Geez Ron, its about damn time you joined...

Wish me and nate could make it to tellico...

mac 'always an adventure w/ ron around 'gyvr

Glad to see you here, Ron. We were wondering where you'd been. I'll be missing Tellico this year, unfortunately.

KY Chris

Congrats, and welcome

I lurked here for years until I finally got my head out of my "5th point of contact" Could'nt be happier.

Imma...you spent more for you H4 hyper blue lights that you will for membership....and you will get more us outta us.

Skip lunches this week...join up.

Rev

Ron, it's great to see a down-to-the-bone Jeeper turned into an honest member. Some of us thought that you were holding out for the coveted "Member #1000" :)

Hahaha...good one Rev. Actually, I got em off ebay for 60 bucks, so they wrent too expensive. Hopefully I will be able to join later this month or something. Since I moved back home, its been hell trying to find a job, escpecially since its summer.

Hey Ron! I saw your rig at Tellico last year,but never got the chance to speak to ya. See ya there this year! Just look for the beat-up "Baby Jeep" with a snorkle on 33's and you'll know it's me :laugh:

Who's Ron S.???? Hi Bro....you been one of "us" for a long time...glad to get your $$$. Later.

Back