• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

What was done to YOUR rig(XJ/MJ) today MECHANICALY????

Got the holes drilled for the long arm brackets, loosely bolted up pending a friend coming to help hold them still on the interior side. Then I burn them in.

Ordered some 7100’s for the front. Not sure if they’ll get here before I finish the arms but I can add them later if I don’t.

Got the upper contact plates on for my new poly front bumps as well

Brackets are bolted and welded in. Gotta clean it up, paint, and throw on the crossmember then it’s time to install the arms

Got the jeep done last Friday.
Had to take it apart as the case was leaking pretty bad, I had rubbed the RTV while fighting to put it back in.

So this time I took the whole tcase out of the jeep to work on it.

Got it all back together and then muscled it back in. Found that bench pressing it up and in was the best method. My shoulder is hurting from trying to lift it up and pushing it in instead of bench pressing it...lesson learned lol

Then as I went to put everything back in I noticed that the Oring for the speed sensor was missing a chunk...

Tried to find the oring locally but nobody had it in stock...except for 4wheel parts main warehouse which is about 40 mins from me using the toll roads the whole way.

Having some family issues, so took off of work on Friday and took that time to go and get the part. Got it on and the sensor back in the jeep.

Today, I finally got a chance to drive the jeep. For the first time in a very long time I was able to go above 70!

Drove around a bit, put it in 4H and then 4Low just to check it out and see if there was any issues; drove great.

Got home, and noticed a slight leak from the tailhousing....

Hoping to finish the long arm project tomorrow. Rainy weather might keep me away from other outdoor projects anyway. At this point just need to reinstall the springs, driveshaft, and shocks (my new 7100's are on backorder), set and adjust the arms, and align.

Still need to take off the tailhousing and reseal it...
Then I need to attach the skidplate to the "new to me" crossmember.
Then see how the vibes are or if I need to point the driveshaft more to the tcase

Didn’t quite get done today the drivers side upper gave me some trouble, had to chisel out the old support bracket to get the flag nut in. Didn’t have enough space to get a grinder in there with the fuel lines.

Almost done though.

So started back on the tcase again this morning...

Getting the tail housing off is a tough task. Been trying for a good bit. Got a very small pry bar(like 3") started on the one side of the tail housing but nothing is budging as the RTV is holding it on...

I'm worried about cracking the tcase or the tail housing as both are aluminum.

The housing is pretty thick.

Alternative method. 1lb rubber mallet and some oomph.

Sent from my SM-G892A using Tapatalk

The housing is pretty thick.

Alternative method. 1lb rubber mallet and some oomph.

Sent from my SM-G892A using Tapatalk

I have a rubber mallet that I was whomping the tailhousing with it...

Not budging. I haven't had a chance to work on it since Monday morning. Will try again this evening.

There should be a notch in the tail housing somewhere that lets you pry it from the back of the case with a big screw driver. Maybe... :D I can home help ya get it off ya need.

There should be a notch in the tail housing somewhere that lets you pry it from the back of the case with a big screw driver. Maybe... :D I can home help ya get it off ya need.

Thanks! I may have you do that lol

I know there are two notches to split the case, but the tailhousing doesnt have one :(

Once work dies down a little I'm gonna go back out there and see if I can beat on it some more lol

Got it done!

last night I got some smaller flat head screw drivers and a hammer. Popped right off. I did mar the surface a tiny bit but RTV will fix that lol

I got it off and all back together last night. Waiting till tomorrow morning to go and take a test drive to see if there are any leaks...*fingers crossed*

Got it done!

last night I got some smaller flat head screw drivers and a hammer. Popped right off. I did mar the surface a tiny bit but RTV will fix that lol

I got it off and all back together last night. Waiting till tomorrow morning to go and take a test drive to see if there are any leaks...*fingers crossed*

Very nice.

I'll probably try and tackle the fuel pump replacement once we get back from Colorado later this month so we can go to Bridgeport soon :)

Very nice.

I'll probably try and tackle the fuel pump replacement once we get back from Colorado later this month so we can go to Bridgeport soon :)

Hoping to have mine back up in a few weeks. Though I'm without rocker protection at the moment, gotta buy some 2x6 to replace the rockers.

Still waiting on my new front shocks too.

Very nice.

I've noticed that i have a leak of fuel around the where the fuel pump goes into the the top of the tank. If I fill the tank all the way and then I'm on a steep hill going down(front end is down) then I can smell fuel. I can see the trail in the dust on the tank...

Been that way for probably a decade lol

Back on the ground and looking good. Weather prevented a test drive but pretty much just needs an alignment and I’m done

Back