• NAXJA is having its 18th annual March Membership Drive!!!
    Everyone who joins or renews during March will be entered into a drawing!
    More Information - Join/Renew
  • Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

coil spring mount

the_bandit87

NAXJA Forum User
Well I'm just back from the chrysler dealsership, and they don't have any kind of coil spring mount for my XJ. My passenger's side mount has a huge hole in it and looks pretty weak. I was also wondering how to replace it, I kind of want to avoid just mickey-mousing a patch together.

the bottom of it goes on the coil spring mount that is built into the front end, which is rusted through on mine. I don't really feel like trying to find a new D30 for mine, since its one of the old style vaccum disconnect ones (I'm not sure what a conversion on a new one would involve, an any of the old ones I'd find around here would be just as rough as mine) and I'd probably have to switch over my gears ect. (I have 3.54s, 87 automatic open D44)

Thats exactly what I was gonna say. Just tear the front end down on that side to where you can cut away old and weld on new! If you don't weld yourself, it shouldn't be that hard of a job for a fabrication-guy to do it for ya.

Back