• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Lift Kits

algeroth79

NAXJA Forum User
OK I will soon be lifting my 1990 4 door XJ and well here are the choices. Keep in mind Daily driver (40 miles a day) going for 33's not afraid to trim and will soon have a ford 8.8 in the rear with a Dana 30 up front

Rustys 4.5 lift
4.5 Clayton long arm
rustys 6.5 lift w/ long arms

Just would like to know what the masses think.
Pro and cons to the different options apreciated. The guys i'll be wheeling with mostly have TJ's on 35's

thanks

i ran a rough country 4.5" kit with 33x12.50r15's on stock 15x7 steelies. i did minor trimming on the bottom of the fender flares and it did fine on the street and moderate wheelin.

Hasta Hasta Hasta

You've budgeted for an SYE and axle I assume?

Since you are not afraid of trimming, I would get the RE 3.5" superflex kit with full leaf packs and 3/4" spacers to level the front with the rear. This kit will sit you pretty much at 5". I would add OME long travel shocks, JKS adjustable trackbar, JKS discos, and YJ brakelines. This kit rides awesome, keeps you center of gravity low, and plenty of room for 33's. Also, setting your bumpstops properly helps a lot as well.

Check the tech writeups that I did on fender trimming and adjusting bumpstops on my site for ideas: www.rocklizardfabrications.com/tech_articles.htm

Here are a couple of XJ's that my buddy and I installed this exact setup on, both sitting at 5":

Before
GCXJ1.JPG

After
100_0328.jpg

100_0329.jpg

The other
100_0702.jpg

100_0701.jpg

Thanks for the ideas.
The Full tration lift looks cool and will be checking on the price.

The fact that the RE lift fits the 33 shows promise for the lift and trim Idea

If I do go with the 6" I have budgeted for the driveshaft issues

Cool Just wanted to see if there are many daily drivers w/ 6" of lift and are happy w/ their rides.

XJ_Ranger your link didn't work mind telling me what thread to look for

Thanks guys

I run the Rock Krawler long arm kit on my DD, and am happy with it except for one thing. Go with a diffrent rear leaf. Mine are very s shaped, and have masive axle wrap. Most of this is from abuse, butt I know there has to be tougher springs out there. If you are just wanting 33's, maybe the RK short arm kit? Just a thought! By the way, most people who go short arm(smaller lift) end up going bigger later. Why not get what you want the first time, if you can afford it?

I ran 33's on my XJ with Rusty's 4.5" short-arm kit but have since upgraded to the 8" long-arm kit. Although it's not on the site, you can get a long-arm version of Rusty's 4.5" kit. It'll definitely give you a better ride than short arms for the daily driver aspect and every knows the long-arms flex better.

405k.jpg

rig31_01.jpg

Thanks-Stretch

RustysOffroad.com

Back