• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Cherpies...we've got it. Team NAXJA star of newest KOH movie.

Goatman

NAXJA Forum User
NAXJA Member
Cal and I went to the big screen premier of the new King of the Hammers movie last night. We've been racing and involved in King of the Hammers since 2008 and we got a big payoff in this years movie. Team NAXJA has more screen time than any other team in the movie. They even put in our comment about having Cherokee herpies...Cherpies....once you get it you can't get rid of it.

We were fortunate to have been chosen to follow our team through the race, including pre-race interviews and filming our pit crew meeting, and we had in car audio as well as video. It paid off big time with the amount of time we had in the film. Besides us having great representation, the film is the best KOH movie that has been made to date, well worth seeing. They used some pretty funny in car audio/video clips from various teams. You can order the DVD at the Ultra4 racing website http://www.kohthemovie.com/home.php?cat=1

So far this year Team NAXJA is leading the Ultra4 stock class series points race with one race to go. We have a win at the Stampede in Sacramento, and 2nd place finishes at King of the Hammers, Glen Helen Raceway, and at Miller Motorsports Park in Salt Lake City. The finals race is in Las Vegas the last weekend of Sept and it is back to the desert with a KOH style race. Our closest competitor for the series championship is Kevin Adler with the 4Wheel Parts team in a very nicely built Jeep JK. We're close enough that whichever of us wins the final race will win the championship so it's going to be a good race. Thankfully we've finished every race so far. Cal and the guys in SoCal have done a great job of prepping the car for every race and even though we've had some mechanical difficulties we've finished every race competitively. We raced the last race with no 2nd gear in the trans, rolled once, and still finished 2nd.

Get the DVD, it's worth watching, and if you want to follow the live coverage of the next race it's on Fri Sept 27 and you can follow it from the Ultra4 website.

great I was on the fence about picking up this years DVD, now I HAVE to buy it!

way to kick some ass guys! :thumbup:

Can't wait to see it in Moab.

Re: Re: Cherpies...we've got it. Team NAXJA star of newest KOH movie.

They even put in our comment about having Cherokee herpies...Cherpies....once you get it you can't get rid of it.

So that's why Cal was in the hospital.

used some pretty funny in car audio/video clips from various teams.

I hope they used your in car audio at the beginning of the race.

Looking forward to the Vegas race! Let me know any way I can help out

You're always welcome to be there and work on the car and drink our beer. :)

We'll be pre-running on Thurs and racing on Fri. We're staying at Treasure Island Wed-Fri nights. The awards ceremony for the race and the national championships is Fri night at Treasure Island.

I'll put in for leave from work on the 26th and 27th. Can I help out in the pits or anything, or do I have to go buy tickets and watch instead?

I'll put in for leave from work on the 26th and 27th. Can I help out in the pits or anything, or do I have to go buy tickets and watch instead?

Definitely work in the pits. We're not sure if we'll even have a chance to pit, waiting on more info. As always, we might need help after pre-running if we have any problems. Pit area will be next to the Moapa Indian truck stop north of Las Vegas.

I got my DVD yesterday, you almost looked professional!

It was a good DVD to watch, worth getting even without TeamNAXJA in it, but TeamNAXJA did get a lot of screen time and it is fun to laugh at/with them.

Cherpies......lololololololololol

Back