• NAXJA is having its 18th annual March Membership Drive!!!
    Everyone who joins or renews during March will be entered into a drawing!
    More Information - Join/Renew
  • Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Seth "XJ Fire" Stanton funeral.

Powerman

NAXJA Forum User
A few members from NAXJA and some from Colorado4X4.com showed up to pay respects today. It is sad Seth didn't have more years to wheel with us.

Here are a few members.
Seth1.jpg

The family brought Seth's rig.
Seth4.jpg

Seth3.jpg

His friends parked it by us so it wouldn't be lonely.
Seth5.jpg

This is what it is all about. This is what he died for.
Seth6.jpg

The precession stretched for a mile or so behind us.
Seth7.jpg

Thank you for your sacrifice. Rest in Peace Seth
Seth8.jpg

Thank you so much for sharing with us all. It is much appreciated.

A very nice tribute from his NAXJA brothers.

Les

First I would like to say I'm glad that those that could make it were there today.

Second, I'd like to thank the Santon family for allowing us, a rag tag group of wheelers to pay out respects to Seth and his entire family.

I will admit to shedding more than a few tears at the church an the graveside service. A Twenty One Gun Salute and the playing of Taps never fails to twist my guts into a knot and force a tear from my eye.

Seeing the slideshow that was playing at the Church really affected my family and I. It was difficult to watch the happy memeories on display overhead while PFC Stanton's flag draped casket lay in front of us. The pictures could just as easily have been someone we knew. My son and daughter were deeply moved my the entire day and will always remeber this day and the American Hero that was laid to rest.

Sorry, folks, that's all for now.

Last edited:
Thank you all that attended the funeral to pay your respects. I was unable to make it, but send my deepest regards to the family.

To those that were able to attend the services, Thank you for representing us who could only be there in spirit.

Fair winds and following seas, Seth.

Wow those are some moving pics. As an active duty guy it makes me feel greatly appreciated that our society truly cares. Thanks to those that went today and support our militarys cause. Best regards to his family for the Hero they raised.

Frank Z said:
Second, I'd like to thank the Santon family for allowing us, a rag tag group of wheelers to pay out respects to Seth and his entire family.

I will admit to shedding more than a few tears at the church an the graveside service. A Twenty One Gun Salute and the playing of Taps never fails to twist my guts into a knot and force a tear from my eye.

I shed a tear or two dozen just from the pics. It really is a large and awesome family that NAXJA has... squabbles and all. But a big family.

I had never been to a military funeral before today. WOW. It was very intense. Very difficult to NOT shed a tear. I was completely blown away while we drove down I25 on route to the cemetary. I have never seen that many cars in a funeral procession before. I kept looking in the rear view mirror and never could I see the end. I was definitely proud to be a part of it all.

Rest in peace Seth.

Thanx to all those who attended. I wish I could have added my Jeep to the line. Please let us know when a memorail trail clean-up is scheduled. With enough advance notice I would love to make the trip.

WOW. is all I can say thanks for posting these up. I thought about it all day at work and hate that I wasn't able to make this trip.

With a lump in my throat and a tear in my eye... thank you for sharing Seth's tribute with us.....

Back