• NAXJA is having its 18th annual March Membership Drive!!!
    Everyone who joins or renews during March will be entered into a drawing!
    More Information - Join/Renew
  • Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

The Stupidist Jeep on the Planet

crossmember is done, reinforced with 1/4" plate and rod

00124.JPG

00221.JPG

also shortned a stock auto frt ds 4.5" to work with the atlas and frt 60

00317.JPG

nice work dude... shortening shafts is much easier then I thought it would be

spent the day finish welding in the stiffners damn that was alot of holes, also managed to hit the duty cycle on the welder, also capped of the rockers and primed em

my craptastic welds
00125.JPG

capped rocker
00222.JPG

finally started adding floor, origanally wanted to do a subframe like vettboy but dont have the room on the drivers side, alot of issues with the atlas driveshaft and gas pedal

less floor
00126.JPG

more floor
00416.JPG

plenty of clearence at full stuff
00716.JPG

I am in the same boat right now, plated most of the uniframe, sending the rig off for cage work in the next week, and once I get it back I gotta put a floor in.
with all the rust I have, it should make for some interesting splatter during the welding process, or should I say interesting welding during the splatter process.

looking forward to seeing how you finish this, as I will be following suit soon enough.

got the floor subframe started. got around the atlas and trans planned out in my head

00318.JPG

damn, are you inside my head?
same plan as I started last weekend.

are you planning on having the floor pan above the trans/t-case removable?

and what are your plans for cleaning up inside the the rails? I figured I'd wire wheel them and rattle can them and hope for the best.

damn, are you inside my head?
same plan as I started last weekend.

are you planning on having the floor pan above the trans/t-case removable?

and what are your plans for cleaning up inside the the rails? I figured I'd wire wheel them and rattle can them and hope for the best.
there will be a piece above the trans and tcase that is removable so i can pull the shifter off and acsess the top 2 tcase bolts, and i have no plan for the frame rails at the moment

lack of updates was due to a nice trip to Florida, Texas and Louisiana to fistit lots-family, anyways, Floor subframe is now 95% done, tomorow i will add some pieces down the middle to tie em all together(cept the shifter ones ill just have a pices on the side) weekend will include 2x4 crossmember to replace the one under the rear seat or i just might make one from the stick of 2x2 i got left, and ill ass shock mounts and coil retiners for the frt 60 then all it will need is gears lockers and shafts installed

00127.JPG

00223.JPG

00319.JPG

got frt shock mounts done and shocks in, upper mounts im using homemade adapter from Chris and lowers i copied Colin's setup. im only using like 9" of shock travel and the limiting straps let the coil drop out an inch wich was exactly how i wanted

00129.JPG

00320.JPG

started this morning making a chunk of the pass side spring hanger disapear along with some floor

00130.JPG

00224.JPG

then made a new piece from 3/16 plate thats also capped on the top and bottom along with being tied into the rear rocker leg

00321.JPG

got working on the driver side hanger this morning, tonight after work it will get more steel then its off to the rear hangers

00131.JPG

this upcoming weekend should have some pretty good updates too

Back