• NAXJA is having its 18th annual March Membership Drive!!!
    Everyone who joins or renews during March will be entered into a drawing!
    More Information - Join/Renew
  • Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Sierra Fest 2006

Bryan C.

NAXJA Forum User
NAXJA Member
Sorry to spam your chapter forum with a repost, but I wanted to post up the info for the Sierra Chapter's national event for 2006. I sure hope some of you SoCal guys can make it up north to the run.

NATIONAL EVENT: Sierra Fest 2006 August 12-20

On behalf of the Sierra Chapter BOD and the many important people behind the scenes I would like to announce the Sierra Chapter's National Event for 2006. August 12 - 20 2006 "Sierra Fest" will bring you 9 days of fun and adventure on 3 of California's most scenic and difficult 4WD trails.

The trip will begin on Saturday the 12th with a challenging run through The Fordyce Creek Trail. With 5 winch hills and 3 water crossings this trail is sure test the limits of the drivers and their vehicles. After spending one night on the trail we will have a nice fund raiser BBQ dinner and raffle waiting for us at Meadow Lake. Monday morning the 14th we will head into town for supplies and then we are off to run The Rubicon Trail backwards. With overnight stops at Rubicon Springs and 2 full days at Buck Island Lake it will be hard to even get back into our Jeeps for a run through Old Sluice, Little Sluice, Soup Bowl and a visit to the former Gatekeeper section (R.I.P.). And if that wasn't enough for you on Friday the 18th we will head to The Barrett Lake Jeep trail. We will run the trail into Barrett Lake for a last few days of fun and sun before heading home.

This run will be limited to members only and there will be minimum vehicle requirements to attend. While we do not like to limit anyone's access to our chapter runs, it is important to keep the group size managable due to the constraints of the Sierra trails.

Minimum requirements are one full locker, 32" tires, low gears, adequate spare parts, and a working knowledge of their rigs. More to come on this subject later.

A yet to be determined event fee will be required and will include the BBQ dinner on Sunday the 13th plus camping fees for Rubicon Springs and Icehouse Resort.

For those that have yet to join and really want to attend this run, now is the time to join. Don't miss out on what is sure to be one of the best runs of the year.

Thanks for looking,

I hope to see you in August
Bryan C.

TardFest 2006, man I can't wait!

:D

No time for me to go (not just that I don' thave the time for the actual event I also d on't have the time to build the Jeep FOR the event!). Have fun kids.

No takers from SoCal? Odd.

CRASH said:
No takers from SoCal? Odd.

Ethan and I will be there for the entire event. He's the only one that's odd; only a little bit, though.

Back