• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Tenative Trail Schedule

Fred

NAXJA Member
NAXJA Member
So I copied this from 2010.

Monday: Mt. Antero/Baldwin Lakes or Mt. Princeton or Pomeroy lakes
Tuesday: Grizzly Lake & Iron Chest
Wednesday: Wheeler Lake
Thursday: Hancock Pass/Tomichi Pass return via Monarch Pass (Hwy 50). Alternate route: Hancock Pass/Cumberland Pass/Tincup Pass
Friday: Tincup Pass/Cottonwood Pass - back by mid-late afternoon for dinner and raffle.
Saturday: Chinaman Gulch - ladies encouraged to drive - need to hit the trail early to beat the crowds.

Wednesday/Thursday overnight trip: Holycross
Minimum vehicle requirements ( additional to the standard requirements) for Holycross:
33" tires
Rear locker
Spares
Vehicle damage very possible

Hardcore Trails: Indy, Carnage gulch - just like it says HARDCORE- minimum vehicle requirements and scheduling to be discussed in camp. These trail runs will be set by the participants.

Dinner and raffle will be Friday evening starting around 6:00 p.m.

This is just a rough schedule and open for day-by-day discussion at the event (we can change the schedule as necessary if need be).If you want to run a different trail on a particular day, feel free to do so, as long as you have at least one other vehicle willing to go with you- never wheel alone, and make sure we know where you are going.

We need to get some momentum going here.

It's all tenative. Any trails you want to lead? I can lead Hancock, Princeton, I've done Wheeler and I think Grizzly(Jeff, chime in here, I was with you.), Antero. I certainly know the way to Chinamans, but I'm hardly the most capable.

Mike - we can maybe pool if you don't want to drive the truck...

Well im trying.to convince my buddy to take his xj out. in which case ill be towing. but i do precise sir.

Hoping to make it for Friday and sat nights. Depending on work; Aka buy my shit people!

It's all tenative. Any trails you want to lead? I can lead Hancock, Princeton, I've done Wheeler and I think Grizzly(Jeff, chime in here, I was with you.), Antero. I certainly know the way to Chinamans, but I'm hardly the most capable.

So is what's going on each day? I think we should do wheeler Thursday, and grizzly lake Friday

Il lead wheeler lake no problem. Or grizzly to. Maybe look at doing iron chest. It's right around there and I've heard its a blast. I may be coming down Tuesday afternoon now. I hope.

If I end up coming, I have no issue leading any trails. Seems like it will be small group of us....

We have reserved the pavilion with cooking facilities. Tell me want you want, I'll take care of it.

Ya but local counties can.and still are implementing bans. Just don't want people to show up unprepared for any alternatives.

Current Chaffee County Fire Conditions and Restrictions

Tuesday, JULY 10.

Fire danger rating in the valley is HIGH.

Fire danger rating in San Isabel National Forest and BLM lands is HIGH.

Although Governor Hickenlooper lifted the statewide fire restrictions on July 8, Chaffee County restrictions remain in effect for the present time.

The order prohibiting the sale, use and possession of fireworks throughout the unincorporated area of Chaffee County remains in effect. Similar bans enacted in the municipalities of Buena Vista and Poncha Springs also remain in effect. Salida has rescinded its fireworks ban.

Chaffee County Stage I fire restrictions in effect until further notice.

Prohibits building, maintaining, or attending any open fire within Chaffee County. The ordinance applies “throughout the unincorporated areas of Chaffee County, including public, private, state, and applicable federal lands.”

Excluded from a Stage I fire ban (therefore still allowed during this stage) are:

**Campfires, warming fires and charcoal fires within a permanent constructed fire grate in a developed public campground or picnic ground or permanent constructed fire grate or fire ring in a commercial campground or on private property.

**LP gas or liquid fueled stoves that allow the operator to turn the appliance on or off.

**Fireplaces within enclosed buildings equipped with fire screens on the flue.

**Charcoal grill fires at private residences.

We have reserved the pavilion with cooking facilities. Tell me want you want, I'll take care of it.

Well....that's mighty white of you Fred. How about baby back ribs, slow cooked, and hand rubbed St. Louis style? With a bit of hot BBQ sauce on the side and some cole slaw?

Jim & Lynn from down south.

you do know that Fred's black, right? :shhh:

Back