• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Hot Dog! Go Miller!!!

Glenn B

Member #69
NAXJA Member
That man is fired up! Right on!!!!
Glenn

Okie Terry said:
He's definitely not a girly man.
No doubt. That man has some FIRE for sure.

He is no whiner.

Yep, most exciting speach of the convention so far. Poor Cheney didn't have a chance following that.

I missed it unfortuately, but I heard its on Fox News' website so I'll check it out. I like Zell Miller, glad to see him making Georgia proud.

(n)

Every time I start questioning my moving away from Georgia, someone like Zell opens his mouth and I feel better for leaving.

-Copperhead.

Atl XJ,

I have great memmories of Georgia, and I love going home to visit family and friends. I just remember hating the politics there. Atlanta seemed to alway be the plance where politicians loved to give "fire and brimstone" type speeches, something about the Southern Baptist in their blood maybe :) Remember Hosea Williams, and how he would get fired up about harassment whenever he was busted for drunk driving? It just seems that Zell is just speaking more for personal publicity than for what he stands for. I have never been a big fan of his, but this speech made me less so.

IMO, Zell Miller was simply playing the Al Sharpton role for the Republicans. To be fair, most states have someone like Zell in their political system. It just stings more because he is from where I grew up.

-Copperhead

That makes more sense. I'm not a fan of Hosea Williams either, but who is? I also stay clear of the snake shakin Baptist churches, lol. No offense to any Baptists, its just that some of them in the south are out of hand.

I sure hope everyone understands that we're in a VERY critical period for the future of OHV recreation in this country. Four more years of Bush will keep things moving in a somewhat positive direction. His administration has made efforts to reverse some of the huge losses we sustained under the Clinton administration. Unfortunately, it's not possible to reverse all of the losses the OHV community suffered during those four years. A change to a Democratic administration, especially Kerry and Edwards, would send us plunging back into the abyss and we would have to live with more huge losses of trails and areas available for OHV use.

Regardless of what other issues may be important to any of us, these particular issues are undeniable.

Back