• NAXJA is having its 18th annual March Membership Drive!!!
    Everyone who joins or renews during March will be entered into a drawing!
    More Information - Join/Renew
  • Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Light bar mounting

I've been hunting for some mounts but cant find any that are decent or cheap I've found 2 that i really like such as the jcr low profile mount or the hooligan offroad mount but theyre $100 i would go with those but im thinking about doing an exo cage down the road and dont really want to spend a bunch if money on a temporary thing

look at the last few posts of "project wanna be jeepspeed" a few threads down.

I used the rough country brackets on my son's MJ. $60 im not impressed but it saved me time from making my own mounts and he paid for them...ha ha.

file.php

I sandwiched the stock light bar arms with the rough country brackets to give it a good bight to keep the light tight. The bolts supplied in the kit were the wrong length for any configuration so used my own bolts. With or without the sandwiched mounts I had to tweak the brackets in the vice.
file.php

file.php

The bracket is 3.5in down from the top of the A-pillar inside door jam.
file.php

Looks cool but the cheezie SHANREN 50" 288W light bar has a loud high pitch hum. For a $100 light bar I think we have to live with the noise over paying for return shipping. Used a 15 Amp fuse from the battery to the relay, it would pop 10A. I chose the smallest fuse possible since the light is defective.

I apologize for bump...just my two cents.

You can drill holes in your roof if you don't want to spend the 100$ I don't think you can use the flood and spot beams separately. Wiring switches are simple a quick search on youtube should explain it. Also, do yourself a favor and run a quick bead of silicone around the bar to prevent moisture. They say they're watertight but a lot of times that isn't the case.
So far I have been using 2 brands ( Rough Country and Trail Master ) https://10carbest.com/best-curved-led-light-bars for all my light bar work and haven't had any issues with water etc. I have installed a few cheap amazon lights like your looking at and derian06 is spot on with using silicone to seal them up. It doesn't look pretty but it does keep them from getting moisture bubbles etc across your lenses. Keeping them sealed well also helps to keep them from "yellowing" creating a dull and reduced output. Currently, for the light bar setup for my roof rack, I have 7x 13.5" Trail Master's, 4x 2" square Rough Country and 1x 30" Rough Country X5. Rough Country makes some pretty night mounts so take a look at their website. There are a lot of useful videos on this subject on Youtube, I'll leave one here, Hope this helps.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Imvj02eaU1M

I apologize for bump...just my two cents.

You can drill holes in your roof if you don't want to spend the 100$ I don't think you can use the flood and spot beams separately. Wiring switches are simple a quick search on youtube should explain it. Also, do yourself a favor and run a quick bead of silicone around the bar to prevent moisture. They say they're watertight but a lot of times that isn't the case.
So far I have been using 2 brands ( Rough Country and Trail Master ) https://10carbest.com/best-curved-led-light-bars for all my light bar work and haven't had any issues with water etc. I have installed a few cheap amazon lights like your looking at and derian06 is spot on with using silicone to seal them up. It doesn't look pretty but it does keep them from getting moisture bubbles etc across your lenses. Keeping them sealed well also helps to keep them from "yellowing" creating a dull and reduced output. Currently, for the light bar setup for my roof rack, I have 7x 13.5" Trail Master's, 4x 2" square Rough Country and 1x 30" Rough Country X5. Rough Country makes some pretty night mounts so take a look at their website. There are a lot of useful videos on this subject on Youtube, I'll leave one here, Hope this helps.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Imvj02eaU1M

Wow! You have so many lights on your roof rack. Any photos?

Back