• NAXJA is having its 18th annual March Membership Drive!!!
    Everyone who joins or renews during March will be entered into a drawing!
    More Information - Join/Renew
  • Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

You ever have one of those phone calls...

Jump This

Just another minion!
So, I'm a busy guy right about now.
You all know about the Rockgarden and the FOJV stuff.
The business is going crazy right now,
and I'm getting things together for the Volleyball season.

Ahhhh, the V-ball season. After coming off a record breaking season that
included our second League Championship and a trip to the State Championships I was looking forward to this season.

Started calling the girls and arranging practices, when I get around to
calling my best returning player......... I find out she will not be coming back to
Borrego Springs for her senior year.

WOW...

There is more to it than losing a player, this girl needed the focus of sports.
She was being raised by her grandparents and seemed to think that the only way she could survive was to always question (and fight) authority.
Maybe she never had someone just laugh at her power plays but after she figured out that it was my team (mine until we get to the league schedule, then it is thiers) she made a big turn around in her life. She took this team serious and worked hard at it..........I hope she doesn't forget about what she had learned.

The team will be fine, lots of young talent and a big jerk for a coach but damn......she was one of the kids that needed the program as much as we needed her, maybe she needed us more.

She will be missed...

WTF does this have to do with anything? I'm just sitting in front of my computer and thinnin'.

I just wish I had a chance to give her one last hug and remind her how proud of her I am....

Jump This said:
So, I'm a busy guy right about now.
You all know about the Rockgarden and the FOJV stuff.
The business is going crazy right now,
and I'm getting things together for the Volleyball season.

Ahhhh, the V-ball season. After coming off a record breaking season that
included our second League Championship and a trip to the State Championships I was looking forward to this season.

Started calling the girls and arranging practices, when I get around to
calling my best returning player......... I find out she will not be coming back to
Borrego Springs for her senior year.

WOW...

There is more to it than losing a player, this girl needed the focus of sports.
She was being raised by her grandparents and seemed to think that the only way she could survive was to always question (and fight) authority.
Maybe she never had someone just laugh at her power plays but after she figured out that it was my team (mine until we get to the league schedule, then it is thiers) she made a big turn around in her life. She took this team serious and worked hard at it..........I hope she doesn't forget about what she had learned.

The team will be fine, lots of young talent and a big jerk for a coach but damn......she was one of the kids that needed the program as much as we needed her, maybe she needed us more.

She will be missed...

WTF does this have to do with anything? I'm just sitting in front of my computer and thinnin'.

I just wish I had a chance to give her one last hug and remind her how proud of her I am....

:smootch: :smootch:

i knew it! i knew you were a big softie! you act all tough but you really care!

:D

i wish i had a coach like you mine always said "keep it up vincent, every time you mouth off its another 5 laps..."

lol.

Call her up Rick.....make sure she knows what you think of her!

tcm glx said:
hey lets keep this out of the den..... unless.... is she 18???

:eyes:

i know i know boooooooo dont say that... blah blah blah.. im going to hell anyway might as well speed up the handbasket

tcm glx said:
x2 on that. Or go by and see her, I'm sure she would appreciate it, even though she might act like she doesn't.
Teenage girls, got 2 of 'em myself:looney:

danwho said:
x2 on that. Or go by and see her, I'm sure she would appreciate it, even though she might act like she doesn't.
Teenage girls, got 2 of 'em myself:looney:

She is in Iowa with her Mom.
She also knows how proud I am of her, my girls will never have to
wonder if they are on my shit list or my 'pat on the back' list.
I let them know!

Back