• NAXJA is having its 18th annual March Membership Drive!!!
    Everyone who joins or renews during March will be entered into a drawing!
    More Information - Join/Renew
  • Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Rough Country kit, what's your opinion of the Rough Country kit?

It'll work fine for the front...we abused the last 4" RC kit for two years then sold the arms and springs...still worked great in the next xj...maybe sell the AAL on ebay and throw some dakota leaves on the rear.

You get what you pay for. Get something worth while while you're spending money. I've always been told, and I always tell people to do it right the first time.

rough country wont get you much respect. i got a 3 inch rough country lift on my truck now and i plan on that being removed asap. im going with RE coils. if you want to run 32s for cheap then get 3 inch RE or Rustys coils, a short aal and extended shackles. and then trim your fenders. x/mjs looks better with trimmed sheetmetal anyways. limit all your shoping to either Ribicon express or rustys. rustys is cheaper and their manufactured parts are said to have shitty welds, but their shocks, coils/springs, spacers ect. are all ok

I had a RC 4.5" lift on my last XJ. I was trying to lift it on a budget and that fit the budget. The ride was pretty bad, but it didn't flex too bad at all. The parts held up fine too, for the short time I had it. I would just pay for the add a leaf then get a leaf pack from Rusty's if you are still trying to stick with RC. I used an AAL with a shackle and my rear end was sagging bad within a few months. I would just pay a little more and go with Rusty's.

I have the 4.5 RC. I like it. But the coils netted 5.5 and the rear 4.5 so its not level. I am either going to add a block or make a pack from a s-10.

People that have run RC lifts and like them have never had an RE lift.

Go RE, I mean even Rustys is better than RC.

BTW, Sky Jacker sucks.

whats wrong with rustys? IMO they are just as quality as the RE when it comes to the coils and the leaf springs. The RE just comes with a bit more stuff you need to get seperatly with the rustys.

im tired of people bashing rustys. they dont know. they dont run rustys.

if you need to bash somthing please bash RC or $kycrapper

I hear of alot of people on this forum and others that their rusty's springs broke or sag after 4 mo.'s & that they can't get ANYTHING warrantied but then they recommend rusty's to someone else. WHY ?????

Well just ordered a set of 4.5" rear leafs direct for only 90$ each with shipping of 45$ came to 225 then called back and added some 6" front coils. I hope the fronts settle some, Was hoping for only 5.5" from the coils. I will be removing a arched leaf from the rear and adding a flat overload I think. I only need 3.5-4 from the rear.

Over all they were great to deal with at RC and all thier stuff has a life time warranty to the original purchaser, Including springs. rusty's does Not even give you a implied 30 day warranty. I asked...

I will find out for my self if thier rear leaf's are worth 225$ to my door.....

dont get it. i've got a mix of RE and RUSTYS and love both just as much.

RC is definatly not a hard core suspension, but it probably is still the best bang for the buck. If I could do it over again, I would have pieced a kit together instead of buying a full kit, that way I could get exaxtly what I want. Much easier that way

Back