• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

center to center of xj spring perches

Measure across the leaf springs, driver side outboard to passenger side inboard.

Thank you, I was about to go work on perches for my F9 inch tonight after work

xjnation said:
I just did. 43.5" for everyones future reference....coffee...need more coffee....

JOLT Cola!

I measured mine earlier this afternoon and just now ran across this thread. I am doing the same with my dana 35 being replaced by a ford 9. I measured mine to be 44'' over the top of the center section on the 35.

I assume you already measured and welded your perches at 43.5''. Was that also over the top of the center section on your 9? How did that work out for you? I will be doing mine as soon as I get a chance, any tips?

No I actually dropped an axle outa a cherokee since I needed to do it anyway, then used a tape measure andhad a friend help me hold it centered on the perch behind the axle and measured across with the cover off so the tape had zero deflection.

On your 9" id recommend the same proceedure except across the front with the 3rd out.

Thanks, I am putting in my tranfer case with a SYE in the morning. I am going to measure for pinion angle and the distance between the perches and from the perches to the backing plates. I did not think about going across the front. I should have it in tommorow minus the drive shaft.

How did yours come out? Do you have pics? Thanks again for the :helpme:!

Back