• NAXJA is having its 18th annual March Membership Drive!!!
    Everyone who joins or renews during March will be entered into a drawing!
    More Information - Join/Renew
  • Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Weekend is over...what did you get done?

I'm down for either one of those.

I'll be visiting my brother in Franklin the first week in February, and then going to hang out with a buddy in Athens the second week. Coincidentally, my brother and I were just talking about checking out the Nemo Tunnel in his JK while I'm out there. So if you guys plan anything during that time period, you may just run into us on the trail.

A nemo meet and greet would be fun at nemo! I'm not very active on the forum, but I'm always looking for ppl to ride with.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

What are your exact dates that you’ll be in Franklin? That’s only about 10 miles from me.

I’m keen to check out Nemo, but haven’t yet because of the distance. It’s about 2 3/4 hours from the Franklin area. I’d plan to run it in my Commander.

If you end up in the east tn area, wartburg or Athens, you're super close to windrock, and also Crossville. Crossville has free easy riding and some really pretty views. Nemo is a fairly short ride even in a stock xj.

What are your exact dates that you’ll be in Franklin? That’s only about 10 miles from me.

I’m keen to check out Nemo, but haven’t yet because of the distance. It’s about 2 3/4 hours from the Franklin area. I’d plan to run it in my Commander.

I’ll be arriving in Nashville on Monday, Feb. 1. Then I’m going to spend a few days in Franklin helping my brother put a lift kit on his JK, and then we’re going to head over the Athens area at the end of the week, though that depends somewhat on whether he can get his axels regeared as soon as we finish the lift install. If all goes according to plan, I expect we’ll be down for some wheeling the weekend of the 6th and 7th. It’d be great to have some other guys to wheel with!

I'm free during the that week from 8-2 each day while my kids are in school if y'all need another set of hands for the JK lift. Just tried to PM you my contact info, but your PM box is full.

I'm free during the that week from 8-2 each day while my kids are in school if y'all need another set of hands for the JK lift. Just tried to PM you my contact info, but your PM box is full.

Thanks very much, Dirk, for the offer of help! I think between my bro and me, we've probably got the lift install covered.

My PM box has been full since my term on the national BOD ended and the seat was eliminated. (As you know, officers are allowed more PM storage capacity than other members.) I've actually cleaned hundreds of messages out, but haven't quite hit the mark yet where I can start receiving new PMs. In case we run into an issue and can use an extra set of hands, would you mind sending me your digits? That'd also be helpful for coordinating a possible wheeling day. You can call or text me at 562 six seven six 77 zero 2. Thanks again. Al

Last edited:
We were hoping my brother could find a shop that does good work on gears that could install some on Feb. 4 or 5. Music City 4x4 can't commit to doing it on a schedule that really works for us, and my bro struck out with the one local place he found in Franklin itself (Auto Clinic of Franklin) that apparently has one guy (out sick) who knows his way around a gear set. Does anyone have a recommendation for another shop in the Nashville/Franklin area for gearing? If not, we'll probably just go ahead and wheel with 35s on 3.73 gears while I'm out there.

We were hoping my brother could find a shop that does good work on gears that could install some on Feb. 4 or 5. Music City 4x4 can't commit to doing it on a schedule that really works for us, and my bro struck out with the one local place he found in Franklin itself (Auto Clinic of Franklin) that apparently has one guy (out sick) who knows his way around a gear set. Does anyone have a recommendation for another shop in the Nashville/Franklin area for gearing? If not, we'll probably just go ahead and wheel with 35s on 3.73 gears while I'm out there.

Is you brother connected with the Jeeps & Wrenches crew in Nashville? They seem to know who all does a good job and is reasonable. If he's not, I can do some looking to see if any other come recommended.

Tom's 4x4 could do the job and do it very well but they are in Chattanooga.

Rock your 4x4 is in the knoxville area. Possibly to expensive though...

Went riding in Crossville. Beautiful scenery, easy ride, and great company.

Al,

There is a 4 Wheel Parts store in Nashville on the south side of town. Probably no more than 20 minutes from Franklin, depending where your brother is. It’s just about 5 minutes up the road from me. I’d give them a call.

Just sent you a text.

Last edited:
Is anyone planning to go to the “Shamrock Shakedown” at Windrock at the end of March? I’m considering it, but can’t find any specific info on it since it is only being promoted on Facebook and I don’t have an account.

Is anyone planning to go to the “Shamrock Shakedown” at Windrock at the end of March? I’m considering it, but can’t find any specific info on it since it is only being promoted on Facebook and I don’t have an account.

When Facebook ask you to register, click select the not now option. It should let you in.

I’m registered. Cost was $65 plus the Windrock fee. That $65 get a shirt, koozie, patch, 3 nights camping, 2 catered dinners, and 4 days of wheeling. Think I’ll probably just ride 3 days. Head over on Thursday, ride Friday abs Saturday, then some on Sunday morning before coming home that afternoon.

I’m registered. Cost was $65 plus the Windrock fee. That $65 get a shirt, koozie, patch, 3 nights camping, 2 catered dinners, and 4 days of wheeling. Think I’ll probably just ride 3 days. Head over on Thursday, ride Friday abs Saturday, then some on Sunday morning before coming home that afternoon.

All that for $65.00? That is a steal.

I did mount my EAG tire carrier rear bumper. It is spaced back a 1/4 inch further because of the custom made tie in bracket. All in all, it look good. The tire carrier will be installed at a later date. I need to get a bracket and lights for the license plate and the third brake lights.

https://www.amazon.com/EAG-Steel-Rear-Bumper-Carrier/dp/B07NPBYC65

I've been thinking of going to shamrock... Just curious how busy it will be. On crazy days there's so many trail nats you'll go crazy lol

The $65 doesn’t cover the Windrock usage pass, but still $65 for all that other stuff is pretty reasonable. That’s basically 4 days of wheeling and camping and some meals and swag for about $110.

Back