• NAXJA is having its 18th annual March Membership Drive!!!
    Everyone who joins or renews during March will be entered into a drawing!
    More Information - Join/Renew
  • Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Cofest pics & videos

CO to Houston, no problems. Houston to New Orleans (spur of the moment detour), Fine. Fired it up to leave NO and cam pos sensor died. Caught a Taxi to napa and they warrantied it. Crank sensor is still acting funny when it gets hot. We didn't turn the engine off from NO to VA, lol. It was a long drive... Did you say there was a high altitude crank sensor that works better than these factory ones? Hood vents are going to be my next upgrade for sure.

http://smg.photobucket.com/user/Jake3240/library/Ouray 2016?sort=3&page=1

Finally got some pics uploaded after fighting photobucket for the last 2 nights. Deleted about 1.2GB of pics/videos and it's telling me there's not room for 400 MB of pics...:flamemad:
Thanks to everybody who organized the trip and those who helped me get my junk back on the road. It was a heck of a trip! and Mike, you gotta upload the video of those dirt bikers wiping out!

CO to Houston, no problems. Houston to New Orleans (spur of the moment detour), Fine. Fired it up to leave NO and cam pos sensor died. Caught a Taxi to napa and they warrantied it. Crank sensor is still acting funny when it gets hot. We didn't turn the engine off from NO to VA, lol. It was a long drive... Did you say there was a high altitude crank sensor that works better than these factory ones? Hood vents are going to be my next upgrade for sure.

What year is your XJ? That sensor only works on Renix machines.

Yeah, I saw the connector. Mine's a 97 so it probably won't work. I Put the new mopar one I bought back in, but I have fuel problems too, so I'm gonna get that taken care of before I mess with CPS any more. Hooked up a gauge to the fuel rail yesterday. Have to take it to run twice in rapid succession to get pressure up to normal, and then it drops back to 0 in 5-10 seconds when the pump turns off. Runs right at 49 while running though. Gonna pull the rail tomorrow and check for a leaky injector(I might go with some 4 hole injectors either way). Otherwise, looks like I'm putting in a new fuel pump. Annoying cause I just put this one in about 3-4 years ago.

Yeah, I saw the connector. Mine's a 97 so it probably won't work. I Put the new mopar one I bought back in, but I have fuel problems too, so I'm gonna get that taken care of before I mess with CPS any more. Hooked up a gauge to the fuel rail yesterday. Have to take it to run twice in rapid succession to get pressure up to normal, and then it drops back to 0 in 5-10 seconds when the pump turns off. Runs right at 49 while running though. Gonna pull the rail tomorrow and check for a leaky injector(I might go with some 4 hole injectors either way). Otherwise, looks like I'm putting in a new fuel pump. Annoying cause I just put this one in about 3-4 years ago.

I guarantee it will not work, even if you change the connectors. One is a variable reluctance sensor and the other is a Hall effect sensor.

Back