• NAXJA is having its 18th annual March Membership Drive!!!
    Everyone who joins or renews during March will be entered into a drawing!
    More Information - Join/Renew
  • Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Turkey Bay Land Between the Lakes annual clean up - April 2, 2016

Cottontail

Three-De Off-Road
NAXJA Member
Clean up is scheduled for April 2. Kyle, the trail superintendent told me that there is lots of flood debris clean up necessary as well as some trail erosion to repair.

We are still looking for land use donation locations this year. LBL/Turke Bay was a recipient last year at this event.

Hope to see more than just 3 of us there this year...

I've got a question about this, SFWDA has rescheduled their "13th Annual TrailFest 2016" for this day at LBL as well.

So is NAXJA just doing its own thing with 1-3 people trail clean up, while our now affiliate, SFWDA is hosting their major event at the same time ?

http://www.sfwda.org/event-calendar#id=120&wid=201&cid=1044

correction the sfwda event is called "spirng SFWDA Meet and Ride Hosted by Stones River Jeep Club"

They were supposed to do that meet and ride on March 12. I didn't know they rescheduled...

I'll try to reach someone at either LBL or SFWDA.

Finally got a call back from LBL. Both events are happening at the same time. There has been a lot of flooding this spring so they are going to focus mainly on trash pick up. The guys that are there for the SFWDA event Wil be asked to at least pick up a bag of trash each on the trails. Those that are there for the cleanup, I suspect, will be eligible for the awards at the end of the event (free admission, camping, and season passes).

Did anyone ever make it out to this?

Back