• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

NWC Feedback

TORX

NAXJA Forum User
NAXJA Member
The end of the year is nearing, and the 11' BOD is quickly creating an agenda for next year.

I'd like to hear everyone's input on how this year went, and what you would like to see come of 2011.

Northwest Fest: who, what, when, where ?
NWC Runs: more, less, where to ?

Please note this is for constructive criticism, and any posts made to stir the pot will be moderated.

Id like to see nwfest at naches again. I didn't make it last time due to no vacation. Will make it this year.

A toy drive for Christmas money is tight for me now with school and my job situation however there are peolpe that have it much worse that we do let's get this setup for next December maybe we can mirror the Sierra chapters toy drive they are alot of fun from what I hear. :conceited

Tentative Runs of 2011 Schedule:

Jan: SE Overnight Snow Run (depends on snow, might push for Feb)
Feb:
Mar: Virtue Flats
Apr: TSF SOLV Clean-Up, Sand Flea Rally
May: SE Noob Run
Jun: Elbe Hills, NWF?
Jul:
Aug: Iron Rig 2011?
Sep: TSF Summer Campout, National Public Lands Day
Oct: TTCW, Evans Creek Oktoberfest
Nov: TSF Thanksgiving Run
Dec: SE Tree Run

(SE=South End, NE=North End)

I'd love to put more north end events on there, but we need people to step up and offer to plan them out. I'd like to offer a north end "noob run" maybe at Tahuya, Walker, or Evans. The snow wheeling season is also amongst us right now. It would be fun to plan either a big snow run for the north end folks, or continue 2xtreme's Hypothermia Run tradition (Michael PM me if your interested, we could find a seat for you).

Is anyone remotely interested is taking on the Director at Large position. We're looking for someone who gets out on a fairly regular basis to wheel, and wouldn't mind putting together a few runs, and m&gs for the north end.

Also, how many people would be interested in doing an overnight snow run for the south end (Frostbite Run, Polar Bear Run, or buy the rights to use the name "Hypothermia Run" :D)? We could make it simple and easy, or challenging and hard depending on the interest. Ken or Karl, any interest in leading? We could try for somewhere down by Estacada, or I could pick a route in the GPNF.

If the interest to camp overnight isn't there, then we could also try to do a big day run in the snow as well. Maybe a SNOW101 run.

Just some ideas, I'm trying to figure out what next year is going to entail.

Last edited:
A toy drive for Christmas money is tight for me now with school and my job situation however there are peolpe that have it much worse that we do let's get this setup for next December maybe we can mirror the Sierra chapters toy drive they are alot of fun from what I hear. :conceited
I've been a big fan of the Sierra Chapter toy drive each year. Mojo suggested we maybe look into getting something going for next year. We'll keep it on the radar.

monthly or bi-monthly get togethers or meet n greets on a regular basis.
Holiday party? Maybe get something going for early January. Either book a room at a restaurant, or we could do a potluck type event somewhere.

Holiday party? Maybe get something going for early January. Either book a room at a restaurant, or we could do a potluck type event somewhere.

Ya like a superbowl thing and stuff. also we could try to do other kinds of charity stuff for like easter for the childerens hospital or hosting our own cruise ins for a cause. If we had stuff like that I'ld be down to help out and stuff.:peace:

We've been scouting places for a South End "highpoughthurmeugh" run. So far all I've found is that my drive lines are prone to breaking.
Last I talked with Karl, he said you two had been scouting. I'll be curious to hear the story on the drive lines.

If you think you have a route planned, and wouldn't mind leading, feel free to post up, or PM me and we can discuss the details.

I just hope the snow level starts to drop again. It's starting to feel like last winter.

I am very remotely interested in the north end director. Or rather assistant northend director if some one else is up for main position.

Have we considered a quartly whole chapter meet n greet some were central for the whole chapter to meet? Ill definately be up for wheeling once I get my rig modded

Maybe set up a consistant schedule for runs. Something like the 3rd weekend of every month. It may make it easier to plan events, and let people plan for them.

Honestly I would like to see more runs and face to face time for the north-end folk. I know the Portland/Vancouver area is a fairly close nit group, but as a chapter we might as well be 2 separate identities. The NE Director position is a great step for that to happen. BEN you will have your rig done soon, your going to want to break it in and hit as many trails as you can, along with the fact that you travel to Olympia quite often. I nominate you for this position:wantyou:

Some organized work parties for trail maintenance and trail updates would be great.

Also, Ive seen this on a couple other forums, but maybe a spot for people that are traveling to different places and are willing to help someone out with transport or for those that have a need for transport:dunno:

Lol thanks for the vote of confidance tim. The current plan is to have it lifted by newyears. Infact I plan to go wheeling for newyears weekend, if any one wants to join me

I would be more than happy to help plan the NE Hypothermia run again this year, even if I have to ride shotgun with someone.

I don't know where we stand with the rights to use the Hypothermia run name (since Crawl stole it and then wen't out of business) but I don't have any issues with it being use for the south end runs also as long as they stick by the same principals (over night, igloo building, etc).

We did a holiday party a few years ago. I wouldn't recommend it again for a long list of reasons.

The other event that I really enjoyed a few years ago was the scratch and dent BBQ show. It was a great opportunity to show off your Jeep, try the RTI ramp, and have a BBQ at the beach. It was relatively easy to coordinate and was a good time.

I hope to be able to ride shot gun on at least 1 or 2 rides this winter!!

Michael

lol if we do it in the north end i nominate "were freakin crazy" run

Maybe set up a consistant schedule for runs. Something like the 3rd weekend of every month. It may make it easier to plan events, and let people plan for them.
I don't know about others, but my weekend plans fluctuate way to much from month to month for that to work. We do try to give everyone at least a month heads up on the big runs though.

Honestly I would like to see more runs and face to face time for the north-end folk. I know the Portland/Vancouver area is a fairly close nit group, but as a chapter we might as well be 2 separate identities. The NE Director position is a great step for that to happen. BEN you will have your rig done soon, your going to want to break it in and hit as many trails as you can, along with the fact that you travel to Olympia quite often. I nominate you for this position:wantyou:

Some organized work parties for trail maintenance and trail updates would be great.

Also, Ive seen this on a couple other forums, but maybe a spot for people that are traveling to different places and are willing to help someone out with transport or for those that have a need for transport:dunno:
Good ideas, one of my goals for last year was to get the north end back in the loop a little bit. It didn't work quite as well as I'd hoped (because of various reasons), but we did have a few good events. It's still a goal for next year though. I know it seems like the south end is booming, but just a few years ago it was the opposite. If we can find a dedicated Director, I think that would help out a ton. The key to getting the north end more active is to start getting out, wheeling, and interacting.

As for work parties, I definitely think we need to step up our involvement for next year. I'll be posting up work parties and clean ups for TSF, and the Yacolt Burn, but I'm going to need help from others for details on other ORV areas.

Maybe we need to unofficially recruit some members to be representatives for their local wheeling spot. When a work party is scheduled, post up the details. I simply can't stay up on all the land matters for the NW, but I can for my local areas.

I would be more than happy to help plan the NE Hypothermia run again this year, even if I have to ride shotgun with someone.
Awesome, I'll definitely try and make it up there for it.

I don't know where we stand with the rights to use the Hypothermia run name (since Crawl stole it and then wen't out of business) but I don't have any issues with it being use for the south end runs also as long as they stick by the same principals (over night, igloo building, etc).
:roflmao:

I wouldn't expect anything else from a Hypothermia Run.

We did a holiday party a few years ago. I wouldn't recommend it again for a long list of reasons.

The other event that I really enjoyed a few years ago was the scratch and dent BBQ show. It was a great opportunity to show off your Jeep, try the RTI ramp, and have a BBQ at the beach. It was relatively easy to coordinate and was a good time.

Michael
I heard that party was a huge success. :D

I remember the Scratch-n-Dent show. I'll make a note, and maybe we could try and get something going during the summer. I wouldn't mind making the drive up for it.

Anyone interested in A trip to the Oregon dunes in the summer??
That reminds me, I'll add dunefest to the agenda. Not sure if I'll end up going, but it sounded fun this year.

This seems to come up every year, but always just a tad too late it seems...

Lots of folks seem to be very interested in getting involved in something like this. We need to start planning and contacting folks NOW for next year !

There is actually a toy n joy place right up the street from me... I will make it a point to pop in and see if i can get some info from them in the next few days.

Anyone have a contact at doernbecher children's hospital ? I bet the kids would love to have a big convoy of jeeps and 4X4s show up to deliver toys to them :rolleyes:

we could even organize this with another club (pistons Wild, etc...)

Michael

I can probably spare a seat, I say snow camping and all my friends and my fiancee run.

Back