• NAXJA is having its 18th annual March Membership Drive!!!
    Everyone who joins or renews during March will be entered into a drawing!
    More Information - Join/Renew
  • Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

9/25/10 Triad Meet & Greet #4

XJfreakHO

NAXJA Forum User
There hasn't been much interest from NAXJA, but I figure doesn't hurt to try.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------

9/25/10 Triad Meet & Greet #4
Address: 5840 Samet Drive High Point, NC 27265-3614
Time: 6:00 to Whenever
Date: September 25th

Will try to take over the outdoor patio, if weather is too bad we will move inside.

After the meet those interested will ride up to Jons shop to hang out, and discuss the next meet and greet, which I believe will be at the shop, in mid October. Probably a BBQ.

Shop Address: 1017 Tarrant Rd, Greensboro, NC 27409

The shop is right around 3 miles from the Hams location.
==========================================================

PM me with any questions you have, or you can refer to this link for more information, including any updates.

http://www.nc4x4.com/forums/showthread.php?p=760859#post760859

It's kinda hard to justify a trip out of town for a dinner/beer. A full day event, such as wheeling or a wrenchfest, is much more tempting.

Agree completely, this is more for more local folks, for the moment just trying to meet/get to know folks, getting contacts with the people who come out, we do wheeling trips often, but with limited notice based on work and what not.

Goal is that once it becomes a fairly dedicated group, turn it into a club, and organize regular events. Just slow going for now, meeting as many folks as possible for now and getting as much support as possible, taking ideas on how to manage said club.

We have almost nightly wrenchfests at the shop, swapping a new d30 into my bros XJ this weekend, but not really worthy of a group meeting, however Jon is in the process of collecting parts for his next XJ build "Junkyard XJ" he has been scoping local yards regularly for jeep lift parts/ etc... All parts on the jeep other than wheels/tires and what he fabs up, will be from a local yunkyard, collected over time.
So far already has found...

SYE kit
8" lift leaf packs
Shackles
Lift shocks that should be long enough
Good deal more things...

He plans to fab up long arms and a good many other parts needed.
Believe all he still needs for the basic build is 8 inch lift coils.

Plans to run the 30/35 combo until they die though, then consider a full width swap.

Down the road this could become a topic for a wrenchfest

Thanks for your comment, much appreciated, and I understand that, but for now the goal is just to meet folks and have a sitdown, discuss things, and the possibilities of forming a local club.

i'm not real crazy about this staging area. i think a lot of events such as this one get neglected because people just dont come in here an look.

i myself am guilty of this and i dont really have any reason why its such a PITA...because its not really.

Im guilty of it myself, I try to organize these, and have totally forgot about it.

Had another meet this past weekend, at the shop, largest turnout yet, in the range of 40-50 people and over 30 rigs. We grilled burgers and hotdogs, drank a few beers, some of the younger guys/gals drank the water/soda we provided. Was a great event.

Based from the regulars of these events we have formed a Club... Triad Trail Junkies. Can be found here: http://www.facebook.com/pages/Triad-Trail-Junkies/139959559385138

Soon to have our own sub-forum on NC4x4

We will continue to host the meet and greets and I encourage anyone interested to come out, but honestly due to the lack of interest I have got from this forum I may forget to post. I will try to remember to post up the next one, which we are planning for the 22nd, just working out some more details currently.

I believe we had only 1 NAXJA member come to this past one, and only because I had met him at a previous event and texted him the information, would love to boost those numbers. Willing to distribute/sell SEC swag or whatever, just know this is not a solely NAXJA meet.

Last edited:
Back