• NAXJA is having its 18th annual March Membership Drive!!!
    Everyone who joins or renews during March will be entered into a drawing!
    More Information - Join/Renew
  • Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Yokohama Geolander ATs ??

BillR

Toy Jeep driver!
I'm looking at some new shoes for my junk, and these came recommended by a friend. I like the tread design, and the warranty's better than the BFGs.
Has anyone had experiences with these, good or bad?
TIA!

I recommended these to a friend of mine for his Chevy 1500 work truck, adn he loves them. Quiet, work well in rain and snow, reasonably aggressive looking. Personally, I'm a fan of Yokohama products which is why I recommended them. Unfortunately, that's the extent of my experience with them - all second hand.

i have geolander at on my oo xj. i had them on three vehicles and love them. they are awesome in the snow/rain (many trips to tahoe). i will buy them again no question.

Sounds good.
Anyone with off-road experiences with them? I'm wondering how they are on rocks...

I don't have experience with the Geolanders, but definately stay away from Pirelli Scorpions. Had about 1,500 miles on them when the sidewalls were sliced through on my first small off-road adventure. The sidewalls on those tires are as thin as postcard material...

At + II

I had a set of 30's on for a short while. Nice tires with agressive tread. They did way better offroad than I was expecting. Better than a KO? When the trail starts getting tacky, I think so. Quiet on the road and awesome wear. I'm thinking about doing them on my daily driver in 33".

Brad

Back