• NAXJA is having its 18th annual March Membership Drive!!!
    Everyone who joins or renews during March will be entered into a drawing!
    More Information - Join/Renew
  • Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Colorado B/S Thread

Re: The Colorado BS thread

Tuned in for answers... I need my whole damn yep sand blasted!!!

The red d(r)ust coating my garage from just my front axle, steering components, control arms, and control arm mounts is depressingly everywhere.. the half ass paint job that lead to the rust under paint nightmare was methodically applied to both bumpers and sliders. Idk what’s more work... stripping these and painting them properly or just building them new. Smmfh

State wide lockdown... I mean really I live in Bailey Colorado and going from Bailey to carnage canyon in a group of 3 people isn't a risk ... The issue I have is they keep raising the level of restriction and there isn't a deadly outbreak ... if there were the media would have a field day with reporting the body count . I'm very skeptical of government as they always have an agenda and are inclined to use something like this to slip new laws into place .

Tuned in for answers... I need my whole damn yep sand blasted!!!

The red d(r)ust coating my garage from just my front axle, steering components, control arms, and control arm mounts is depressingly everywhere.. the half ass paint job that lead to the rust under paint nightmare was methodically applied to both bumpers and sliders. Idk what’s more work... stripping these and painting them properly or just building them new. Smmfh
i know the feeling lol, im loolking at it and i really dont want to clean stripper off the bumper, though it does its job well. itd be nice to give someone the business and have a clean slate to paint.

State wide lockdown... I mean really I live in Bailey Colorado and going from Bailey to carnage canyon in a group of 3 people isn't a risk ... The issue I have is they keep raising the level of restriction and there isn't a deadly outbreak ... if there were the media would have a field day with reporting the body count . I'm very skeptical of government as they always have an agenda and are inclined to use something like this to slip new laws into place .

funny you say, you should read through the latest bills in limbo, they are loading them up....

i know the feeling lol, im loolking at it and i really dont want to clean stripper off the bumper, though it does its job well. itd be nice to give someone the business and have a clean slate to paint.

funny you say, you should read through the latest bills in limbo, they are loading them up....

Like I said I don't buy into this pandemic it a giant crock of shit .

Out of curiosity, what is it that causes you to believe this is a "giant crock of shit?"

I get the feeling it's being made out to be much more than it is. Also to your theory on no way I could have had this. A shop lady here where I worked who worked on and on my last truck shortly b4 I got sick in February ... had the CORONA virus. I found this out today . She was obviously sick while she was in our trucks . Keep in mind many folks get just as sick as I was in February and just stay home until they're not sick they don't run to a doctor's office to see what they have and this leads me to believe ... many many...more people have had this infection than have been tested for and if they had all those cases tested the death to infection rate in normal healthy people wouldn't be special. I'm all for being a bit more cautious and taking some extra steps to limit potential group exposure however based on the lady who was sick here who was my on her death bed and is not an teenager I'd say we have what amounts to a new flu bug for most people . The media makes it out to sound like the monkey from outbreak is loose .

Out of curiosity, what is it that causes you to believe this is a "giant crock of shit?"

I get the feeling it's being made out to be much more than it is. Also to your theory on no way I could have had this. A shop lady here where I work who worked on my last truck shortly b4 I got sick in February this means she touching my shifter, steering wheel, door handles all while contagious ... had the CORONA virus. I found this out today . She was obviously sick while she was in our trucks . Keep in mind many folks get just as sick as I was in February and just stay home until they're not sick they don't run to a doctor's office to see what they have and this leads me to believe ... many many...more people have had this infection than have been tested for and if they had all those cases tested the death to infection rate in normal healthy people wouldn't be special. I'm all for being a bit more cautious and taking some extra steps to limit potential group exposure however based on the lady who was sick here who not on her death bed and is not an teenager I'd say we have what amounts to a new flu bug for most people . The media makes it out to sound like the monkey from outbreak is loose .

Last edited:

Called Fed ex today because my barbell showed loaded on a truck for delivery but I wasn't sure if it was going out for delivery today or Monday , so kent at FedEx says Monday . So since Im going right back out tomorrow and can't wait until Monday I grabbed the last 30 inches of 2 inch. 120 dom and some 1-1/8th solid stock and a couple other pieces of tube to make my barbell ... only had 5.5 ft but it is just temporary. Made the weightvends out of 2 inch dom the inner collars from 2.5 .250 wall and center out of the solid stock...and right after I had it welded together At about 7pm ...lol...fedex rolls into the top driveway with my new HD olympic barbell ...lol... should sell the homemade barbell on Craig's list while everyone is desperate for weights .

dont sell it, you could put some bends into it and make and easy curl bar! then youd really be set.

Have you checked out the covid-19 price gouge on used weight equipment on Craig's list ...lol... wow... I mean $550-1300 for the same cheap weight sets you buy new at Wal-Mart or sports authority for $180-250 pre pandemic shutdown... lol... it would have to be a much longer drought than a few weeks for me to pay that coin for used weights that usually run .65 cents a lb . I did send a few of those guys some offers for straight across trades for bay-bay wipes and TP... ;-)

Not 1...but 4 cases of covid -19 in our shop . They didn't tell us drivers the shop workers who are on our trucks were getting sick with this . One thing I wonder they have been getting sick since the the start of the this month match I was sick starting on the 7-9th and never tested for anything as it was not a big thing yet I return to work on the 19th with a hacking cough and still kinda sick and made my way into the shop where I graced the presence of all that got sick first ...lol... am I possibly the outbreak monkey ? ... would like to get antibody testing to see what my flu was ...meh according to Freerider I really couldn't have caught the virus unless I was am international travel n man ... none of these shop folks travel. ;-)

It's not just the old, immuno-compromised, asthmatics, etc. this is killing...

More and more stories like this coming through:

https://www.yahoo.com/huffpost/30-year-old-baseball-coach-dies-covid-19-210537990.html

If you think just because you're "younger, perfectly healthy, etc." that it won't kill you...you might be right, or it might be fatally wrong.

As has already been shown...if there is/was little attempt to flatten the curve, we *could* have faced several million dead.

We're still facing the possibility of upwards of 250,000 deaths with current measures.

I'm not a religious person, but I pray this doesn't get anywhere near as bad as it could.

We're still not at the peak...it's likely to get a lot worse in the coming month(s) before it gets better.

One can call "fake news" all they want, it's just blatant ignorance, plain and simple.

It's not just the old, immuno-compromised, asthmatics, etc. this is killing...

More and more stories like this coming through:

https://www.yahoo.com/huffpost/30-year-old-baseball-coach-dies-covid-19-210537990.html

If you think just because you're "younger, perfectly healthy, etc." that it won't kill you...you might be right, or it might be fatally wrong.

As has already been shown...if there is/was little attempt to flatten the curve, we *could* have faced several million dead.

We're still facing the possibility of upwards of 250,000 deaths with current measures.

I'm not a religious person, but I pray this doesn't get anywhere near as bad as it could.

We're still not at the peak...it's likely to get a lot worse in the coming month(s) before it gets better.

One can call "fake news" all they want, it's just blatant ignorance, plain and simple.

I have no issue with keeping crowds down and social distancing... be great if people would actually wash their hands first thing when they come into a store before they walk around touching things ...but that's not likely to happen since I see many folks come and go without washing hands . Then you have the folks who think rubber gloves have some magic germ killing powers since they come into stores sporting dirty gloves they've been wearing for awhile ...lol...some even reuse them daily .these people don't think they're spreading germs because they have gloves on but gloves move germs around just like an unwashed hand . Then you have the folks and their masks .. (no one cared who I was until I put on the mask )... Masks all kinds--- bandanna, t-shirts , painters dust mask , disposable surgical masks... these folks often have gloves on and they all touch their faces repositioning their masks with their dirty hands thus touching the areas of the face that have mucosa membranes that allow entry into the blood stream . A mask that's potentially been exposed to contamination that isn't able to be sterilized is now trash and since you are wearing a mask for unknown exposure you would have assume it's contaminated so to use a disposable mask correctly it must be disposed of after each use since you are to assume it's dirty , but these folks are keeping these masks around their necks the same masks they touch with dirty hands and then touch their faces with . At the end of the day this will just have to run the course it's going to run there's very little you can do without putting everyone in a level A suit . I have known 6 people who have had it they all worked on our shop they all got sick recovered at home and are all back to work . Like most diseases you never really know how you'll respond to it that is the luck of life .

My mother was on the phone telling me she has her homemade mask with zip ties and she's going to buy vacuum cleaner filters and fit the filter in the mask and throw away the filters after use ...So apparently she's afraid to go out into public without this item so I just gave GoLGND $350 for 100 n95 masks so she can feel safe ... these things aren't cheap and they are disposable but if they make mom feel safe I guess they're worth the cash .

Kinda pissed I had to cancel my order to VTX the retailer said he had them in stock but came time to ship the excuses were thick, so I ended up canceling. Now I see 16 45s for sale down south at $65 per plate which is reasonably priced but the guy isn't answering his emails...maybe the CORONA got him ? Anyway I want 10 of those damn plates...

Looks like the seller is legit PayPal him $100 to hold 10 plates. These weren't as much as Denver priced it's all the way down in Cimarron however so it's a trip but costs about normal Wal-Mart price for 45s and I wanted them anyway because they will get used unlike my gym membership that's not seen much action in years

Well should I find myself a Ford Falcon XB GT coupe to go down to Cimarron in since it fits the days feel . Go down in a tyvec , rubber gloves. And an mask on instead of a pistol on my hip ill have a can of Lysol and 2 tard spacing stick instead of a baton .

My mother was on the phone telling me she has her homemade mask with zip ties and she's going to buy vacuum cleaner filters and fit the filter in the mask and throw away the filters after use ...So apparently she's afraid to go out into public without this item so I just gave GoLGND $350 for 100 n95 masks so she can feel safe ... these things aren't cheap and they are disposable but if they make mom feel safe I guess they're worth the cash .
That is pretty much it in a nutshell!

There is a young guy on the jobsite who has a beard and is wearing a half face respirator with a 3M #6006 cartridge (no particle filtration, just the organic filter media). He told me that is what his employer gave him to use. He is the only person on that crew I see using anything.

Meanwhile, someone saw a few guys on my crew coughing, told our super about it. Those guys had to get tested and wait three days to be cleared for work. Lucky me, it's hay fever season, and I'm still feeling the 18 hours of exposure to bleach when we "sanitized" the site.

Back