• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Vacuum line help - P1494 XJ

motowood

NAXJA Forum User
Hi guys! Hoping for some help if you guys could take a look at the photo I've attached of two vacuum lines that are not attached to anything? They are on the firewall driver side. I just bought this XJ with the CEL on and got P1494. I replaced the part autozone suggested would fix my problem, the Leak detection pump for $120... Then the CEL came back on after I cleared it. When I was tracing lines I noticed these loose. Can someone point me in a direction before I head to a local repair shop?

I copied the link to the photo because I can't find a way to upload an image to this message board.

Thanks!

https://cimg6.ibsrv.net/gimg/www.ch..._249acc8ee3b1ee619231ab65841302a8b24bee67.jpg

The top one is your t-case vent, the bottom one I don't recognize.

The lower one might be the evap line going back to the tank. But the code you're getting relates to the switch in the evap pump not changing, which leads me to believe the pump itself isn't getting vacuum.

Where abouts in "CA" are you located?

Thank you. So the top one is supposed to be like that?

I already replaced the leak detection pump if that is what you mean..

I'm in Garden Grove.

Back