• NAXJA is having its 18th annual March Membership Drive!!!
    Everyone who joins or renews during March will be entered into a drawing!
    More Information - Join/Renew
  • Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

HP AW4 parts......

RCP Phx

NAXJA Forum User
Does anyone sell performance friction's and steels for this, I have found some that might apply to the A340 but I need to call and get better informed on this.

Years ago I read that the Toyota equivalent we're a decent upgrade.... No personal experience though.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

It's been a long day, between phone calls and spending time researching on the internet I will give up for today. I'm getting a bit of a handle on all this and now pondering if this is something I would want to tackle. I did talk to my local trans shop and they quoted $2500 for something similar to what I was thinking.

This ball has started rolling! I ordered a master rebuild kit to get a idea of where to go next in regards to the Raybestos friction sets. I will order a OPT torque converter tomorrow while I wait on the kit to start taking measurements.

Put a TransGo shift kit in it as a first step.

The Transgo kit was installed 2 yrs ago.

I received my master rebuild kit today and am sorting thru it all. My Raybestos friction module kit isn't do in until next week and the TC tomorrow.

Just when I thought the Wit rebuild kit came with every part in a AW4 I noticed it didn't come with a 2nd gear band(the kit came with a new pin and e-clips).

I received my OPT TC last night, it "looks" good and I've heard nothing but good things about them. The Wit rebuild kit comes with all Raybestos steels/frictions, the frictions (mostly tans and some high energy)came shrink wrapped so I won't even open that package, the steels were all loose so I have them sorted out and will shrink wrap those for storage. The Raybestos Stage 1 kit comeS mostly with reds and some tans and it also adds 2 steels and 2 frictions for more surface area thus more HP/TQ capacity. I'm supposed to receive that kit on Tuesday so after that it's just a matter of finding the time to do it. I want to get my lift running first as I also want to do my GC gas tank also.

BTW, that's a car lift, not coils/leaves as I also have a 6' transmission jack to get this done.

I received my Raybestos Stage 1 kit today and now I'm more confused than ever! The kit came with extra frictions but didn't include any extra steels? I definitely will be on the phone in the morning with them to try and figure this out.

I spoke with Raybestos and they put all my fears to rest. They explained how the kit was intended to be put together and that I assumed something that didn't exist. I'm actually kind of looking forward to this now! :eek:

Do to the Covid 19, availability and shipping has gotten terrible on things and really slowed down my progress. I did receive my second gear band and some Permatex AT gasket sealer, but I do need to p/u some Orange thread locker. I did receive 8 3/4"x9" concrete anchors and a 3/4"x16" hammer drill bit so I can get the lift mounted. I did just order a case of Amsoil ATF so I have that coming, interesting enough when I spoke w/ Raybestos about their frictions they said it didn't matter w/ their frictions what ATF I use.

Back