• NAXJA is having its 18th annual March Membership Drive!!!
    Everyone who joins or renews during March will be entered into a drawing!
    More Information - Join/Renew
  • Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Thanks thread

Wiser

NAXJA Forum User
Justed wanted to say thanks to 91blackbox & his wife for letting me crash out on their camper's table for the night. Thanks cracker for letting me drive the MJ ( "cool truck dude! Did you build it" :p), laughs, dinner and beer. Thanks cal for the socal fest sweatshirt and your xj knowledge (I owe you). To carol, Josh, John and geoff ( sorry if i left anyone out, youre all greatly appreciated) for the comical dinner and raffle! I can't wait till next year!! :thumbup: :cheers:

Thank you to the 23 people that attended today's Adopt A Trail run.

Oh what, I don't get a thank you for my awesome presence, Anthony? :D

Haha oh yes! I was graced with your precense ;D Avery and I expect a black panther tattoo when the next outting comes around :p

Haha oh yes! I was graced with your precense ;D Avery and I expect a black panther tattoo when the next outting comes around :p

Damn the imagine of Cracker with his white flour shirt and Darky walking next to each other into the Discovery Center this morning just popped into my head. Justin even showed me his black panther tattoo.

Thanks to Josh, Avery, and Sequoia for helping me look for a control arm bolt.

Johnny you have to do something about losing your nuts......and bolts.

I want to say thanks to all the people that donated items to the raffle because I am pretty sure I won something from every vendor :) I also want to say a great big thank you to ChipClip. My trailer brakes went out about half way down the hill and Ryan pulled over and took an hour out of his day to help me out on the side of the 18. I really appreciate all of his help and support. NAXJA guys rock

Thanks to Anthony for giving up his Pitman arm (and a weekend of wheeling) to get me running on the trail and the rest of the day. :cheers:

Thanks to SCRedneck (Matthew) for assisting us in getting back to the trailer and back on the trail to get my junk running. Sorry you broke in the process of doing so. :cheers:

Thanks to Naxja's Gay Pride Army (the BSC crowd) for an entertaining run the rest of Saturday. :D

Thanks to Quentin (CherokeeNewbie) and his girlfriend for allowing me to crash in their warm camper. :cheers:
Thanks to everyone for being a good sport when I made fun of them. :cheers:

Last edited:
Thanks for giving me a ride up there Cal, I had a blast. I wish Avery wouldn't have kept trying to drag me off into the forest though.

Thanks to all the kick ass vendors and club members that donated to the raffle - that was a pretty damn good one this year :thumbup:

I would like to thank Danny for jinxing my tie rod and then for helping me fix it. Johnny for giving me a ride back to camp for the new parts and Qwentin for the tools. Thanks to all the venders for an awesome raffle.

I want to start off and first thank those who helped behind the scenes to make this event happen:
Geoff the jerk (GSequoia) for helping coordinate, publicizing, posting, etc.

Carol for selling shirts/raffle tickets and handling all the transactions

Cal for getting additional raffle sponsors

Karen for helping with Dinner tickets

Thanks to JohnX, Lauri, and Zack for prepping and cooking the Carne Asada Dinner

Big thanks to our Trail Leaders who stepped up and volunteered:
Avery (cracker)
Max (DirtBound Offroad)
Geoff the jerk (GSequoia)
There were also some smaller runs that happened so thanks to those who lead those.

Thanks to Stephan (karstic) and his wife Sonia for driving the AAT maintenance and showing me a few new-to-me trails and allowing me to spot my first bear!

thanks to everyone who attended! Without our members and attendees, this event wouldn't be awesome.

those who supported the cause for raising money for SBNF by purchasing T-shirts, Hoodies, Beanies, Dinners, Raffle Tickets.

And our list of sponsors:
Trasharoo
Grimmjeeper
karstic
Rich "Wildman89" Smith
Clayton
Quadratec
JCR Offroad
Iron Man 4x4fab.com
Octane Outlaws
Adams Driveshaft
TNT Customs
RA Designs
Tomken
RWK Haus Supply
Loose Nuts
Brown Dog
Black Magic Brakes
StinkyFab
Ruff Stuff Specialties
paulhead
DirtBound Offroad

sorry if I left any out

Last edited:
I want to thank Geoff and John and the others that gave me coolant on friday when my fan wiring overheated (faulty trail repair) and caused me to boil over twice.

But this event could not happen without all the jeepers showing up, so thanks to all the participants!

And our list of sponsors:
Trasharoo
Grimmjeeper
karstic
Clayton
Quadratec
JCR Offroad
Iron Man 4x4fab.com
Octane Outlaws
Adams Driveshaft
TNT Customs
RA Designs
Tomken
RWK Haus Supply
Loose Nuts
Brown Dog
Black Magic Brakes
StinkyFab
Ruff Stuff Specialties
paulhead
DirtBound Offroad

sorry if I left any out
Don't forget those sweet shades Wildman Rich donated, I wish I would have won a pair mine are in sad shape :wierd:

I'm pretty stoked about winning the brown dog mounts, I can't wait to get em on the XJ!

As has been said before I'd like to thank the attendees. It really sucks to go through the trouble of planning an event and then only show yourself around the mountain. :D

Don't forget those sweet shades Wildman Rich donated, I wish I would have won a pair mine are in sad shape :wierd:

I'm pretty stoked about winning the brown dog mounts, I can't wait to get em on the XJ!

Crap, thanks Mike. sorry. Richard those were f'in sweet sunglasses.

I thought the whole raffle was well organized and well stocked, and dinner was pretty awesome! The only thing that made me a little uncomfortable was the language around the kids at high volume during the raffle from random folks in the crowd. Innuendos that won't be understood are one thing, but yelling cuss words repeatedly is something else. I'm pretty sure I took part in it so I'd like to apologize to the parents of the youngsters that were there, that isn't usually the norm at these types of events and I hope it doesn't discourage anyone from bringing their families to the next get together.

All in all I think it was a great event even though I was only there for one night, I really had a great time. I haven't been up to big bear for a socal fest since '08 and I'm glad I was able to get the free time to make this one and see such a great turnout. Hopefully my jeep will be road worthy by the time the next one comes around :D

:cheers:

thanks to skwerly for letting us crash at thier campsite, with my cousins and myself...

he also led the late run we had, since we were hungover!

Cracker thanks for the entertainment on the trail, and letting us oogle at your mj....that thing is bad ass man!

im sure i left some people out! but thanks much!

I just want to thank everyone for being such cool people. I had no concerns leaving my camera hanging from the back of my chair while roaming around at the raffle. There aren't many times when I feel I can trust a random group of people, many of whom I've never met, not to steal my stuff...:D

Back