• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

NacFest

macgyvr

NAXJA Member #120
NAXJA Member
Chuck (bunch of numbers, if you went to Moab you met him) and I are talking about NACfest in 2019. Do you guys have any information yet? I'll start planning my 2019 vacation/jeep/camping schedule in December/January and I'd like to put it on my schedule. I haven't been to NACfest since 2014.

I was also told by Stafan that you guys have moved from the tenting on the hill to cabins or yerts...I'm interested in something air conditioned near the party....I can tow with the truck and cabin it, or tow with the RV. Curious on which one is closer to the party as the kids will likely be coming and I want to put them to bed nearby the evening fun.

mac 'plans early' gyvr

The date is set in stone, and yes, tent sites are dwindling at this campground. I'll give you as many details asap as I can.
Rich

Awesome, the date would be great!

mac ‘great date’ gyvr

Whole bunch of us were booked by the middle of July. Might be some cabins left still, though, since we moved back a weekend to get clear of the Bronco Roundup. Best thing to do is call Twin Grove Campground and see what's available in cabins/RV sites, but don't wait too long - the place seems to fill up faster every year...

By all means, come on out! Be great to hang with you again.

Do I know Chuck? (not sure if I met him back at the 25th, or if he came out here in '14 with you and John...)

There is a stickied thread... NacFest 2019! It is official! June 26-30!

Unfortunately because we don't have a good mobile site and tapatalk stinks, stickys are easily missed... :(

Whole bunch of us were booked by the middle of July. Might be some cabins left still, though, since we moved back a weekend to get clear of the Bronco Roundup. Best thing to do is call Twin Grove Campground and see what's available in cabins/RV sites, but don't wait too long - the place seems to fill up faster every year...

By all means, come on out! Be great to hang with you again.

Do I know Chuck? (not sure if I met him back at the 25th, or if he came out here in '14 with you and John...)

You don't know chuck...but if he comes to NACfest, you will know chuck...

ask the folks that went to Moab...

Does the campground know you guys are there if I call and ask for a cabin or RV site near everyone else?

Rob the last time I wheeled with you I had to drop ship a winch to Harlan...

mac 'hopefully the campground is still open this late in the season' gyvr

We have mentioned Naxja to them before, I can't honestly say if they remember that? But by all means tell them, we get the pavilion for our dinner free with enough bookings.
Hope you make it!
Rich

You don't know chuck...but if he comes to NACfest, you will know chuck...

ask the folks that went to Moab...

Oh, this sounds promising. Now you've got me interested...

Rob the last time I wheeled with you I had to drop ship a winch to Harlan...

LOL, I remember that, still strikes me as odd that the gearcase cracked like that. Not exactly my finest hour on the trails, but if you don't break stuff you don't learn stuff (in my case, I learned to be a little more conservative in my lines)...

mac 'hopefully the campground is still open this late in the season' gyvr

They may be on their "winter hours" by now, but they should still be open. www.twingrove.com, you can check hours and get their phone number.

Rob is correct, they cut back hours in winter but are open year round. Someone will get back to you if you leave a message.

As to the MOST important info I can share with you:
....if Chuck is coming, tell him not to worry. Beer Mountain Distributors is a few miles from the campground and has a nice supply of LaBatts.
:)

As to the MOST important info I can share with you:
....if Chuck is coming, tell him not to worry. Beer Mountain Distributors is a few miles from the campground and has a nice supply of LaBatts.
:)

LOL

mac ‘and thats how you know you met Chuck’ gyvr

Forgot to ask this up-thread:

Mac, if you and I end up in the same group again, who do we call to put Harlan on alert? :laugh:

I'll just get my coat...

Back