• NAXJA is having its 18th annual March Membership Drive!!!
    Everyone who joins or renews during March will be entered into a drawing!
    More Information - Join/Renew
  • Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Auto trans dipstick tube

DieselAirman

NAXJA Forum User
Droped my trans pan to change the filter, and find out the dip stick tube comes apart supposedly. Tried to pull it apart, and its a no go. Tried some oil down the tube to lube it, and it will turn, but wont come apart. It sure would be easier to put it back together if I could get the tubes separtated. Any thoughts out there tonight.

i've had mine off three times now and i have yet found a easy way to do it. best i could tell ya is to unbolt the tube and take the whole thing out, other than that, a whole lot of cussing and pulling, twisting. Might work if you try to take the tube out from the top first and then drop the pan, haven't tried that yet but i have to take mine down to fix a leak soon so i will experiment

Working from below, tighten a small worm clamp around the tube just above the joint. Tap upwards on the clamp with a long punch, metal rod, dowel or whatever is handy. Should separate easily.

Back