NAXJA Forums -::- North American XJ Association  

Go Back   NAXJA Forums -::- North American XJ Association > NAXJA Chapters > Colorado Chapter
HOME Member FAQ Sponsor Info Rules Bylaws E-Mail

Colorado Chapter Discussion of Chapter issues. Please keep Tech Topics on the Tech Forums.

Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 144 votes, 4.89 average. Display Modes
Old May 23rd, 2018, 15:15
NAXJA Member

Re: The Colorado BS thread

After some spirited driving the 90,000 mile old differential bushings appear to be done the diff makes a clunk going from Drive to reverse or back...lol...instead of a weekend getting closer to being on the trail I'll be pulling an ifs diff to install new bushing...I would pay a shop but it's relatively brainless work just time consuming and for that time consumption I'm guessing about a $1000 In labor , so ...lol... going to be wrenching on the daily driver I've not even drove a week .
Old May 23rd, 2018, 16:04
NAXJA Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1-tonxj View Post
Yeah wheeled 4x last year and this year nunce the pro strut project soon turned near full redo of the front and only a few hours a month to do the work ...still got the rear to bang out ...lol... hopefully it's as easy as it looks like it will be .
Yeah, looks I'l get some Solid Axle Inner C's on the way.

Still a $400+ hit, but at least they're an upgrade, and not an utter insane PITA to do.

Talked to Josh at CrawlerTech for a few and he gave me some good tips...since he's done dozens of dozens of axles.

I might however, focus back on the Blue XJ. I don't have a whole lot of work before it's driveable. Once I get the trans back for my truck (a few days away from it being at the shop for TWO months), that'll be priority. I've got everything pretty much for that rig ready to go and sitting on shelves.

ORI's haven't even gone back out the door yet, so it's not like the buggy is moving super soon anyhow.
Old May 23rd, 2018, 16:59
NAXJA Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1-tonxj View Post
After some spirited driving the 90,000 mile old differential bushings appear to be done the diff makes a clunk going from Drive to reverse or back...lol...instead of a weekend getting closer to being on the trail I'll be pulling an ifs diff to install new bushing...I would pay a shop but it's relatively brainless work just time consuming and for that time consumption I'm guessing about a $1000 In labor , so ...lol... going to be wrenching on the daily driver I've not even drove a week .
It's probably just that one at the very front. It's a pos, always broken and super easy to do.
Old May 23rd, 2018, 17:29
NAXJA Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by trippled View Post
It's probably just that one at the very front. It's a pos, always broken and super easy to do.

That's what I've read but 95k mile old bushings are all probably dry so I'm getting all 3 done . Omalleys is under $400 all 3 . I figure all that needs done is the top of a arm involved so the axles can just be slid out of the dif it's not a complete tare down , but I'm going to enjoy paying omalleys so I can work on my trail jeep.