• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Colorado B/S Thread

Re: The Colorado BS thread

Meant wk2. I like the wk2 a lot. But the diff options are trash. And the srt wk2 is pretty impressive. Most of the wk2 suspension would be the adjustable air crap. I’d love a wk2 on 35’s. But your diffs have zero aftermarket support. So aside from swapping to solid or ifs 9’s - you’re screwed. Yeah a hemi wk is reasonably priced and has enough factory options to make fun.

Meant wk2. I like the wk2 a lot. But the diff options are trash. And the srt wk2 is pretty impressive. Most of the wk2 suspension would be the adjustable air crap. I’d love a wk2 on 35’s. But your diffs have zero aftermarket support. So aside from swapping to solid or ifs 9’s - you’re screwed. Yeah a hemi wk is reasonably priced and has enough factory options to make fun.

Que the White Rhino.

20180522205224-b245e0ce.jpg

I don't see the point in a vehicle like the pictured WK it loses the ability that was built into it to go fast and really ain't much of an off road beast the way it sits and for the average person making a payment on a $65-80k Jeep I doubt that body will want to see any rock loving . The Commander I have has IFS front it's pretty much useless for supporting any real aftermarket beef up . If I'm still into this hobby in a year and I still have the XJ I may "borrow " all the Big boy parts and build a 1tonXK since it does have a nice motor to spin 42s

I disagree. After seeing a g500 with rooftop tent wheeling ouray, I was pretty much sure anything was wheelable. It doesn’t take tons and 40’s to do 90% of Colorado trails. And someone with a 80k dd/weekend wheeler likely has another rig for the other 10%.
I’ve been studying up on ifs set ups and you can do a lot with them. Just takes $$

Toyota 4 runner for the Wife.
Really digging my coworkers 17 Tacoma but the suv suits us better.

After some spirited driving the 90,000 mile old differential bushings appear to be done the diff makes a clunk going from Drive to reverse or back...lol...instead of a weekend getting closer to being on the trail I'll be pulling an ifs diff to install new bushing...I would pay a shop but it's relatively brainless work just time consuming and for that time consumption I'm guessing about a $1000 In labor , so ...lol... going to be wrenching on the daily driver I've not even drove a week .

Yeah wheeled 4x last year and this year nunce the pro strut project soon turned near full redo of the front and only a few hours a month to do the work ...still got the rear to bang out ...lol... hopefully it's as easy as it looks like it will be .

Yeah, looks I'l get some Solid Axle Inner C's on the way.

Still a $400+ hit, but at least they're an upgrade, and not an utter insane PITA to do.

Talked to Josh at CrawlerTech for a few and he gave me some good tips...since he's done dozens of dozens of axles.

I might however, focus back on the Blue XJ. I don't have a whole lot of work before it's driveable. Once I get the trans back for my truck (a few days away from it being at the shop for TWO months), that'll be priority. I've got everything pretty much for that rig ready to go and sitting on shelves.

ORI's haven't even gone back out the door yet, so it's not like the buggy is moving super soon anyhow.

After some spirited driving the 90,000 mile old differential bushings appear to be done the diff makes a clunk going from Drive to reverse or back...lol...instead of a weekend getting closer to being on the trail I'll be pulling an ifs diff to install new bushing...I would pay a shop but it's relatively brainless work just time consuming and for that time consumption I'm guessing about a $1000 In labor , so ...lol... going to be wrenching on the daily driver I've not even drove a week .

It's probably just that one at the very front. It's a pos, always broken and super easy to do.

It's probably just that one at the very front. It's a pos, always broken and super easy to do.

That's what I've read but 95k mile old bushings are all probably dry so I'm getting all 3 done . Omalleys is under $400 all 3 . I figure all that needs done is the top of a arm involved so the axles can just be slid out of the dif it's not a complete tare down , but I'm going to enjoy paying omalleys so I can work on my trail jeep.

After seeing some buggies in action last weekend I have new motivation to put my 1 tons in. Gonna start the slow process of gathering parts. So I scored some new USA standard 5.13s for the 60 for $54 bucks.

Can't stand the 245 65 17 street tires ...needs a small 2 inch lift and some 31-32 swamper ssr to get the XK Looking aggressive I'm not concerned about flex rub since it's just for looks it will never see more than a bumpy dirt road type wheeling . The motor should be plenty to move the Jeep with stock gears ...at least I hope so .

After seeing some buggies in action last weekend I have new motivation to put my 1 tons in. Gonna start the slow process of gathering parts. So I scored some new USA standard 5.13s for the 60 for $54 bucks.

It's a long expensive road .

Be interesting to see if the optima battery and suspension parts are still in the recovered stolen XJ .If they are it will remove one suspect , which I really hope I'm wrong about that potential suspect .

After I get the xj back from impound I will probably use it for daily and bait car . The Commander I think is going to get a tasteful lift and some basic body protection I think the Quadra drive 2 and HEMI would market a fun comfortable rig to drive to Moab with and do mild trails .

Back