• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Colorado B/S Thread

Re: The Colorado BS thread

I used two of these:

http://www.homedepot.com/p/Owens-Corning-Garage-Door-Insulation-Kit-8-Panels-GD01/202257272

While cost might not be any different it would definitely be easier to just drywall the ceiling and laydown insulation across the joists as its done in the house. It would also make the over all area of the garage smaller, thus making it even easier on my heater to warm it up in the winter. I just really need the storage and can't afford to get a shed anytime in the near future. Just getting the garage where I want it is costing enough as it is.

What Dutch used looks the best to me. Looks clean & can be cleaned of grinding dust, etc. :) Thanks!

At this point I'm beyond done dealing with fiberglass insulation.

873C53B1-C2A8-40D7-A995-C27B324C1198_zpsvji4h87r.jpg

Very nice. Had the exact same kit on our house in CO. Made a huge difference, especially since our bedroom was directly over the garage.

Just be careful to not grind anything too closely to those insulation panels. When I was building my truss, I had a nice hot amber burn right through the protective layer and caught my door on fire. Pretty sure I pooped a little

Bend, OR?? WTF? thought you were in TX, Jim! I have inherited one of your smokers! :D

Bend, OR?? WTF? thought you were in TX, Jim! I have inherited one of your smokers! :D

What can I say...I get around. lol

Been living in Oregon since July of 15'. Got sick of the Texas heat. Liking the PacNW much better. Good wheeling here too.

Did you get the Wine Barrel smoker?!

I did -- I need to fill it with water and let it swell a bit, but its been a tad nippy for that. :wave:

Nice. That thing smoked some damn good BBQ when I first built it.

Well. Honda totalled out. So picked up a bone stock base 95 2door. Needs a tuneup and some leaks fixed. It otherwise in great shape.

Well. Honda totalled out. So picked up a bone stock base 95 2door. Needs a tuneup and some leaks fixed. It otherwise in great shape.

Cut roof from b pillar back and put a Jeep tailgate on it then sell it as a " manche" clone "project"...lol...should double your investment on the return .

2-doors for the win. Merry Christmas, Mike. :)

I dig the 2 door. Still may try and swap the Audi seats in. We will see how these do going on the drive. Only thing in back will be dogs so no worry about access to back.
You as well Fred.

Good score! I think I have door envy...

Great find man. Now I can go back to planning my build on my yard art. Glad you found a good one.

Helped the girlfriend buy a new bike today, 2016 Indian Scout Sixty. I got to say I was a little concerned about the Sixty being a dog on the interstate but even with my 220lbs ass on it there was no lacking for power. Going from 60 to 80 to get around a semi and merge into the other lane didn't require me to downshift, and even though it's at 4200rpm or so doing 80, the engine is butter smooth. After riding it home for her from Fort Collins I am super impressed with this little bike.

E78DA23E-7E2B-4F9C-80F9-90C332CBAE89_zps9et9qk01.jpg

The Sportster might go on CL shortly, I haven't fully decided yet. I was originally planning to mod it out once Jessica was done riding it but with a project Jeep again I'm not sure I want a project bike taking up my time/money too. In the meantime though I've got all 3 American cruiser brands represented in my garage.

right on, man. The white on black on the Indian looks bad ass.

Back