• NAXJA is having its 18th annual March Membership Drive!!!
    Everyone who joins or renews during March will be entered into a drawing!
    More Information - Join/Renew
  • Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

How to removecar fallen through the ice

That would be the same as saying everyone who lives in New York state is an extreme liberal like Bloomberg. Both would be ignorant statements.

They aren't? Strange.... Haha.
Looks like that worked beautifully. Stupid honda's.

Was that a fish that fell out the door? Lol

They do make some pretty good vodka. Just sayin.

Pretty cool. Obviously a shallow lake, and somone had to hook the cable on the car in the 1st place. Good idea on the frame.

Almost looks like a setup from that standpoint. The cable was attached, there just happened to be lumber around. The ice was thick enough not to further crack under the stress of the vehicle or the winch or the crowd.

Maybe practice?

The ice was thick enough not to further crack under the stress of the vehicle or the winch or the crowd.

This.......

Pretty brave to be standing anywhere around where the car fell through.... the risk of bringing that kind of weight back up onto an already compromised surface seems high. So yeah, seems it fell into a previously cut LARGE hole or this was an extraction exercise....... although, again, practicing to remove a submerged vehicle like that when it's weight caused the ice to fail just seems impossible.

That would be the same as saying everyone who lives in New York state is an extreme liberal like Bloomberg. Both would be ignorant statements.

Not if you had Russian relatives and saw how they drank :D

I would like to have been there to see in person the car being rescued. The video makes it looks so easy.....And I bet it wasn't

I like their version of a winch....a simple capstan. It seems to have worked just fine.

we could have used this little bit of engineering know-how when my friend crashed his chevy pick-up thru the ice in 1987.
it was so far out in the lake that i'm pretty sure it's still there.

Look for the Dirty Jobs episode where they unstuck a Humvee buried to the belly in sand using block and tackle and manpower.

Vodka FTW!

Back