• NAXJA is having its 18th annual March Membership Drive!!!
    Everyone who joins or renews during March will be entered into a drawing!
    More Information - Join/Renew
  • Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Tsf 5/7

AwesomeXJ

NAXJA Forum User
Well. I MADE IT OUT OK. Minus the exhuast system from the muffler back. We took the powerlines over to lyda camp and then got lost trying to find rocky uphill. Ended up running archers till can opener then got lost again. For some reason there were a lot of missing trail markings. Like the bottom of the signs were there but the rest was gone. So after driving a ways and not knowing where we were we turned back for can opener. Ran into a toyota and wrangler guy and one of our friends rode with the toyota while he atempted the trail. FAIL..... . We took archers back the other way and found rocky uphill. ........... I lead taking every hard line I could when I got to the last gnarly stretch I had a hell of a time but gave it hell and made it past all 3 oh sh1t rocks without damage. MTR's worked like a champ. Matts attempt was more difficult with all terains but with some good spotting he made it up to the first big rock and just when head got between all 3 of them.... . POP ... FISSSS. He ruptured the coolant line that t's and goes into the heater & bottle. After trying to remedy the issue for awhile I had to put my new smittybuild winch to the test. PASSED.... . I towed him off the mt. And back to lyda then to hwy 6 (via south fork road) to rogers camp. Our buddy towed him to the auto zone in forest grove. And here we are. It was a fun trip I had a great time.

I didn't get many pics mostly vids. I'll post the up later tonight or tomorrow.

2011-05-07204531.jpg

2011-05-07192215.jpg

2011-05-07192139.jpg

Look close at the last one and you'll see what we did.

Hey that seems like I remember something like that happening to someone system before. OH yeah that's what happen to me the first time I ever went wheeling and had to barrow Scotts "Hacksaw".

Has rocky uphill changed? That's a lot of damage for that trail.

PICS! OR YOU NEVER LEFT THE COUCH!

Sent from my PC36100 using Tapatalk

its really difficult to get the vids out of my kodak editing software so the vids and pics will be spars. But here is the first link. rocky uphill.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nsOGgQfMUqM

Dave: rocky uphill is soupy and rocky now. and i lost my exhaust on the second or third section of power line I backed into the side and busted the zip-tie hanger you gave me and shoved the tail pipe into the muffler which caused the seam around the inlet to break. the only other damage was matts cooling system on rocky uphill.

Back