• NAXJA is having its 18th annual March Membership Drive!!!
    Everyone who joins or renews during March will be entered into a drawing!
    More Information - Join/Renew
  • Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Another "Cr*p" K Suspension product........

RCP Phx

NAXJA Forum User
I knew about their poor injectors and some other products but when I saw they were offering a XJ to JK coil conversion wiring harness I thought great we have someone offering a new product. I bought 4 harness's to use on my projects. It turns out their using some Airtex/Wells pigtails and splicing them all together vs a 100% new product using continuous wiring with new terminals. I could have done that myself but was looking for a better end result!

I saw your picture in the other thread.
Is that what you are talking about?
Do you think that is just the custom made ones they did for you?
Or the standard one they sell with their kit?
Or both?

All 4 of "their" harness's have splices in them! I was trying to use their harness's in my custom wiring to make 1 good harness.

No, that would be what sell in their regular kit because my first order of the (2)12" ones are shorter than their kit and still contain splices.

It was a very frustrating weekend. Out of 4 harness's(8 total ends-4/male and 4/female) I only needed 1 female and 1 male to work. My harness is only about 12" in each direction and I still ended up with splices in my harness,WHICH SUCKS!!!

Do they not work? Are the crimp connections subpar? Do they advertise it as 100% new scratch built?

Nothing wrong with properly done splices...

I reached out to Ksuspension because if that was the case like you said I would just make them myself.

I asked:

I am wondering if you are splicing together Airtex/Wells pigtails by adding wire and crimping it in to make your harness or are the wires in this harness one piece (no crimps, soldering, butt connectors, etc) between each connector.

They replied:

As for the extension harness, we make them here in house, we’re not splicing into another companies product and extending the wires. It’s 1 wire from plug to plug and each piece is brand new.

So I am as confused as I was before. LOL.

Except when they are right where you need to make a termination.

When you buy something "new", it should not be re-manufactured, rebuilt, or refurbished.

This is where I'm at, if you notice closely you'll see splices. On top of that the MSD requires 6 wires in from a 4 wire harness and 5 wires out.
P1080700_zpsgrfbzlxt.jpg

They are all spliced at least twice within each harness.

I reached out to Ksuspension because if that was the case like you said I would just make them myself.

I asked:I am wondering if you are splicing together Airtex/Wells pigtails by adding wire and crimping it in to make your harness or are the wires in this harness one piece (no crimps, soldering, butt connectors, etc) between each connector.

They replied:As for the extension harness, we make them here in house, we’re not splicing into another companies product and extending the wires. It’s 1 wire from plug to plug and each piece is brand new.

I don't know who you spoke with, but they definitely lead. 4 harness's and 32 splices!

Oops, "lied"

Back